Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by lucia2148: 66 year old woman cruises alone!

Norwegian Breakaway 4
lucia2148
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

66 year old woman cruises alone!

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

In the depths of a cold, long midwestern winter, I went online and booked a cruise in a single studio for myself to the Bahamas. I have cruised many times and have never stayed in an interior cabin, nor had I ever cruised "alone."

The cabin on the Breakway was an engineering marvel! The room was comfy and cozy and had all the room and storage I could have ever wanted. I went to the studio lounge a few times and always struck up a conversation with some interesting person.

I opted to be by myself most of the cruise and was very pleased to find ample areas of quiet for reading/snoozing. At dinner time I tended to eat either at the Sushi Bar or Tepannaki restuarants because I was seated with other people, whom I enjoyed thoroughly. The one night I ate at the complimentary restaurant I had an awful meal and never went back, opting instead to pay the cover for Cagney's, shusi, etc. I did find the garden cafe (buffet) to be just fine for breakfast/lunch.

I only More left the ship in Nassau, which was an ok port. Have been there and nothing new or very interesting. The other ports I stayed on board and enjoyed the ship when it was "empty." I went on this cruise for the ship experience, not the ports.

The entertainment I went to was mixed. I loved the Second City improv grou and went there three times; Rock of Ages was horrible....too age specific, and I am not of the age!

The people on the cruise were friendly and I could strike up a conversation any time I pleased.

For the money, I could not have spent a week anywhere! I thoroughly enjoyed my single getaway and would do it again.

A few cons: the complilmentary restaurants as referred to above, the acoustics in the studios were awful..felt like I was inside a tin can, but.............to not have to pay a single supplement is great!!! I hope cruise lines do more of these studios...only better insulation!

It is an adventure for an "older" person but a great experience...would do it again! Less

Published 04/23/14

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review:

Studio was amazing..onlly problem is acustics were awful...felt like in a tin can when stewards were outside door cleaning other cabins. It felt like a womb!!

lucia2148
Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X