Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by SamPlusMary: Enchantment was WAY better!

SamPlusMary
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Enchantment was WAY better!

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Bahamas

We were very disappointed on this cruise, but not everything was terrible. We went for 3 nights.

Miami port is terrible. We left from there once but we were dropped off that time. This time we parked in the parking garage which was hard to find, then totally full. We literally got the last spot yet there were 10 or so cars behind us looking too. It is blocked in 2 places on every floor so you end up having to turn around (and it's so tight that you have to be so careful not to hit parked cars) and when we exited at the end of the cruise there were no "exit" signs to guide us. It took about 15 minutes to figure it out and get out of there. The customs lady at the end was very rude to us and to an older couple about not filling out customs claim forms. None of us had bought anything that we were bringing back to the country. We had a blank form but Royal Caribbean didn't give us pens so we couldn't fill it out. The customs lady said, "well you should have packed one in your More bag." Excuse me, I wasn't planning on writing much down during vacation.

On the ship:

Pros:

Alcoholic beverages were a decent price (cheaper than Carnival and they actually give you alcohol on Royal)

Pool deck and room were clean

During 1st dinner seating (6:30) and during port of call times, the hot tubs were available.

Comedian was funny (and way better than the one on Carnival Imagination)

Whoever their security is did a good job. Around 1:30 am on the last night, we were woken up by a fight in the hallway where I heard 2 girls screaming bloody murder and one of them said we was going to cut the other's throat and then began running (I didn't open the door to look). I went to call their 911 with the room phone but then heard a crew member in the hallway had already arrived. It was very quick and we were glad.

Cons:

Room attendant knocked on the door like every 20 minutes. Very annoying. We made sure to leave the Do Not Disturb thing in the door.

Menu was basically the same as Enchantment but less tasty. We ordered lamb and last time it was a delicious steak like piece of meat, this time it was an icky drumstick. We left and went to the buffet. We ordered 2 appetizers each (normal and allowed on a cruise ship) and he only brought 1 of them out every single day. Tiramisu was spongy instead of creamy.

I don't recommend Johnny Rockets. It was expensive and dessert and drinks are not included so you're paying $5.95 a person for a hamburger and fries on top of your cruise fare.

Only 2 hot tubs

My fiancé likes physical activities and complained that there wasn't enough to do.

Because of the annoying room attendant and bad waiting service, we took the automatic gratuity off at the end of the cruise. I wasn't there when my fiancé did that but he said the girl was rude about it. When we were on the Enchantment we gladly tipped on top of the automatic gratuities because the room attendant and waiter and waiter assistant were so great.

So considering the fact that Enchantment does a 3 night/4night schedule at the same exact time as the Majesty and is only priced about $10 higher, I will go with Enchantment next time. Port Canaveral is not a headache to leave from at all and it did not feel like that last cruise was catering more to Spanish people than to English-speaking people like the Majesty did. We will not be going on Majesty of the Seas ever again. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas 5070

Our ocean view room was smaller than our room on Enchantment of the Seas was (same category). Other than that, everything was the same. It would be nice if they could put empty mini fridges in there so we wouldn't have to waste leftover room service food. Other than the size, the room was the same as on Enchantment.The 5th floor was the perfect choice, however next time I would choose the other side of the boat for the best views while in port (the left side of the boat when looking at the deck plan picture)