“Great for a quick getaway.”
Cruise review of Celebrity Constellation

angelpower Celebrity Constellation 5 Great for a quick getaway.
angelpower
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I'm a newbie here, but have been reading reviews for a few years now and I'd like to take this opportunity to say thanks to all who participate. It's always lovely to have first hand perspectives.

We decided we needed a little break and choose the Constellation. We took a Christmas cruise on the Equinox in 2012 and really enjoyed it, having sailed previously on the Cunard and Oceania and MSC lines.

Hopefully I'm putting all of this in the appropriate thread.

We were in cabin 9053 and maybe this should be in a cabin review, but just wanted to say I was worried about the noise from the cleaning of the deck above, but it really wasn't a problem.

We really loved eating in Blu, even though I had been a bit wary about this also, having enjoyed dining with others in the MDR on the Equinox. But it was wonderful. The tables were close enough together that we met lots of interesting peeps and really had a great time. Food was fabulous. Wait staff equally great.

Ports of call were Nassau and Key West, but I didn't really care if I got off the ship or not, I was there to relax and be pampered and I certainly got that.

In the end I did go ashore. Wasn't all that keen on Nassau and Paradise Island was flat for me, but Key West I did enjoy having never been there before, even though we live in Florida! Had the best crab cakes in Key West, apart from the ones in the speciality restaurant on board...both were outstanding.

All in all the ship was just fine. I think I prefer the larger Solstice class and we're looking at maybe doing a repositioning cruise in the autumn. I get the cruising bug each time we return home!

The only criticism I have would be the music. It wasn't just deafening, it hurt your eardrums.

Plus the spa was closed for the first two days. And then they had a grand opening which was a little late for us, but great for the next cruisers.

Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

9053
Was worried about being below the pool area, but it really wasn't that noisy. A little scraping of chairs when they cleaned the deck in the evenings, but nothing whilst we were sleeping. We're both early risers so I can't say if it became noisier as people set up their seats for sunbathing.Bathrooms somewhat smaller than on the Equinox which is the only other Celebrity ship we've been on. But roomy enough for us.Plenty of storage space for a short 4 night cruise and I suspect would be fine for longer cruises too. It's great to be able to get the suitcases under the bed!Attendants were pleasant, but not as great as on the Equinox, although it could be because our deck on that ship included a number of suites which I'm told get the best attendants. But I don't know that for sure of course.
Published 04/22/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Constellation Review
Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?