Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by 4cats4me: Another great cruise aboard the Equinox!

4cats4me
Member Since 2007
2,823 Posts

Compare Prices on Celebrity Equinox Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Another great cruise aboard the Equinox!

Sail Date: April 2014

Just returned yesterday.  It was a great cruise. Equinox is still in great shape. Saw some of the same employees that were on board last year.

Ship was spotless.

Food was very good. We did Aqua class again and it exceeded our expectations

Once again. The wait staff there are excellent, especially Donovan and Juan!

Also enjoyed the hostess, Aurora, and the maitre'd.

Cabin 1501: The very first cabin on the port side. We actually overlooked the bridge. We were a couple steps from the relaxation room of the spa.

Contrary to the spreadsheet info which lists this cabin as a quiet cabin, we found the opposite to be true.

Heard a lot of thumps, thunk-thunk-thunk at different times of the day. Maybe it was the waves crashing against the bow? I don't know, but we just couldn't figure it out. Above the cabin is an observation deck, so we weren't under treadmills or the gym

Our cabin attendants were Josefino and Aries. More Such wonderful young men. We really enjoyed knowing them. They excel at their jobs. We never had to ask for anything, except for an ice bucket on the first day since Celebrity doesn't automatically bring ice anymore. We were furnished with ice two, and sometimes three times a day.

We actually enjoyed the flavored tea every day, as well as the canapés, olives, hummus, tortilla chips, watermelon with feta cheese, melon balls, et cet.

I loved the spa jets in the shower and the nice plush towels, the foot stools on the balcony, the heavy-duty robes and all the other little goodies that came in our AQ stateroom. We received two more tote bags, each slightly different than last year's

It came to our attention on day 2 that Cellar Master's would be converted to an Irish pub during dry dock.

We ate every breakfast and dinner in Blu, which was as good as last year.

The wait staff there was phenomenal.

Buffet: I gave the employees and the food an A. The manager of the buffet was visible all the time, and even thwarted some people from using the buffet as a thoroughfare since they were in bathing suits with no beach cover-ups.

However, several fellow passengers received an F from me due to deplorable, unsanitary behaviors exhibited, not the least of which was people sneezing on the food without covering their mouths, coughing in the presence of everyone else WITHOUT covering their mouths, those who bypassed the Purel lady at the buffet, the man whose hairy arms brushed across the entire cheese platter because he reached so far under the sneeze guard to get at that perfect piece of cheddar. I let out an audible gasp upon witnessing his fuzzy arm brush across the the Gouda, cheddar, Monterey Jack and Edam cheeses. OMG

I will always remember this otherwise almost perfect cruise as the coughing cruise.

My husband and I always seem to draw the short straw with next door neighbors

On cruises. Last year on the Equinox we had the coughers, and we both got sick upon leaving the ship

This year it was way worse: hacking, coughing, nose blowing, not three feet away from me.so I called and reported them and told guest relations that I was not about to put up with their germs floating over to my balcony and asked if people would be quarantined if it was decided that they have a respiratory infection or a cold, to which guest relations replied, absolutely.

They said a nurse would pay our neighbors a visit. After that call was placed, I never heard the person(s) again on their balcony.

Music: Was appropriately loud. Was able to have normal conversations at Martini bar without having to shout. The volume was pumped up after 11 pm, which was still not ear splitting.

Bands were very good.

Shows were so-so.

Loved entertainer Jade who sang all Whitney Houston songs. Her husband Sam arranges all the music and is the pianist. Awesome vocals

There were 3 deck parties. We went to all three and they were a lot of fun, especially Latin night! Last year there was only one deck party

We loved Paul Baya, the CD. Never before have I cared who the CD was, but this guy was the BEST!

We had the best CC sail away party ever! Met a lot of very nice passengers.

Met many wonderful people from our roll call

Embarkation took 15-20 minutes

We went to Bistro on 5 on embarkation day. That was the best move of all

Crepes and desserts were very good.

Rooms were ready around 1:05.

Disembarkation: we chose express walk- off. We walked off at 7:15 and were at the airport by 7:42 a.m. Less

Read more Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews >>