Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Azbighands: Celebrity Cruises Constellation - below average cruise
Overall Member Rating
Celebrity Cruises Constellation - below average cruise
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
We wanted to provide positive and negative feedback after completing our Celebrity Constellation cruise 4/5/14 to 4/10/14 from Port Everglades. I hope this feedback will be helpful to potential passengers that choose to book on Celebrity Cruises.
We thought that Celebrity “concierge class” would be a step above the other cruise lines but this is NOT the case. Quite disappointing cruise to be honest. We’ve done 4 cruises (2 on Princess and 2 on Carnival) that ranged from 5 days to 16 days. Overall, we rate Princess and Carnival “higher” in all categories.
1. Poor quality main dining room service and mediocre food quality during the entire cruise. We had issues with the wait staff at table 312. In addition, Celebrity forgot the “special occasion celebration” for my wife and sister 60th birthday. I filed a complaint with the onboard Concierge (Lisa Alderton). She handled both of the problems More in a very professional manner and provided a free upgrade to dinner at the Tuscan Grill (it was lovely). A small token that was greatly appreciated.
2. There were a number of food and beverage quality issues during the entire cruise. A small example… the daily canapés were awful so we stopped ordering. There were no condiments that could be ordered on the room service menu without hand writing in our request. There were no limes (only lemons) available at the bar for cocktails. Really? There are many more issues. I don’t want to go into more details but Celebrity Cruises should be embarrassed about the “product” that they sell and provide to consumers.
3. Photo sessions were lame… dreadful posing and so-so quality produced by the “professional” photographers. We had numerous photo sessions and chose to not purchase any photos. We’ve ALWAYS purchased photos on each of the 4 previous cruises.
4. The ship was launched in 2002 and refurbished in 2010 / 2012. The “older” ship design was not impressive. Upgrades and modifications performed after the original design left the ship confusing to maneuver. The small main foyer was a joke.
5. We will NEVER sail with Celebrity Cruises in the future. We will NOT recommend Celebrity Cruises to our friends or family.
1. Embarkation and disembarkation were smooth and efficient.
2. Concierge class cabin #8170 and #8172 on the aft of the ship were lovely staterooms. The balcony size and seating furniture were superb.
3. Dinner in the Tuscan Grill was wonderful. Additional per person price is $35.00.
4. The CruCon “special sale” that included the classic beverage package plus the cruise gratuities provided an outstanding value. These bonus items made the cruise tolerable. Less
Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>
Cabin review: 8170
We enjoyed cabin #8170 on the aft of the ship. A lovely statement with a huge balcony (partially covered). Ample deck chairs, tables, loungers were a nice addition. Deck 8 places you between the food/bar Deck 10 and the main dining Deck 5.
Port and Shore Excursions
Once you've visited 1 Mexcian port town there's no need to visited another. Everything overpriced and crowded. There were 4 cruise ships in port the day we visited Cozamel.
Do Not take this cruise
Empress of the Seas; not the b...
I'd go again in a heartbeat.
Enjoyed our Western Caribbean ...
Another Happy Experience with ...
Celebrity Eclipse to Baltic
Second change for Constellatio...