Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by JonesyOUT: Not Good. SO MANY Missing Details.

JonesyOUT
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Not Good. SO MANY Missing Details.

Sail Date: April 2014

When I checked into my stateroom I was appalled at how filthy the room was. On the vanity chair and inside the vanity drawer were piles of long black human HAIR. The wine glasses in the room were filthy and there was dust on every surface. There was a huge stain running down the bedskirt with some mystery crust as well!! I had to call to have housekeeping come back and actually prepare my room for a new guest. Not a great welcome AT ALL.

I have been on 4 cruises and have never experienced so many lengthy interruptions from the captain over the PA. It was ridiculous. these announcements were not helpful they were way too loud and way too long.

We were on a conference and our meetings were held in the Qsine restaurant. Each day we showed up for meetings due to start at 8.30am the room was not set up for our meeting, we had to do it ourselves!! There were no pen and paper provided or water or coffee in the room which has always been provided on previous conference More cruises. We attend conferences on cruise ships once per year with my company this is the worst service we have had.

There were no limes on the entire ship. How does one enjoy a gin and tonic without lime? Or a Corona? What a joke!

We dined at one of the "specialty restaurants" Murano and during the entire dinner we had to endure a teenager at the table next to us taking photos of every course with her bright camera flash popping every 2 minutes and the maitre d did nothing about it. I didn't pay $45 per person for such inappropriate behaviour at a so-called up-scale restaurant.

The pool was really small, crowded and the music was terrible and too loud. All the entertainment was super cheesy.

On past cruises when returning to the ship after being in port, we would be greeted with cold towels and a place to dump your beach towel, as well as music and cocktails. Nothing like that on this cruise.

I had the classic beverage package and found it difficult to find anything on the menu in the restaurants I could have.

Since we were on a conference and had early morning meetings on 3 of the mornings I usually like to order room service. The breakfast selections were very minimal on this cruise where in the past they were great. Oh but there was a better selection of items at additional cost. LAME!

I wanted to book a spa treatment and had a heck of a time getting anyone to answer the phone at the spa. I had already checked the TV info but there was no spa price list on there. When I finally did get through to someone I was told to look in the blue binder in my room and there would be a spa menu. So I get off the phone and go to check and there was no such thing so had to go through the hassle of phoning back again.

On the 3rd day prior to the end of the cruise the daily itinerary sheet the room attendant left for me stated I should have received a disembarkation form and it should be submitted by the following day. I had not received any such form. The next day my room key also stopped working so I stopped by Guest Services to inquire about both. They provided me with the papers which included my transfer to the Miami Airport however when I got to my airport bus transfer they were asking for a transfer voucher but again I had not received this. They let me on the bus after a bunch of waiting and checking my room key.

I was also told a final copy of the charges to my credit card would be delivered to my room by morning of the day of disembarkation. I had an early flight so was disembarking at 7:00am and of course, my bill was not there. I phoned Guest Services and they told me I had to call my Room Attendant. I pushed back and asked since I was already talking to them could they not just have it sent up to my room ASAP?? They did but why should I have to ask them to do their JOB???

Pretty disappointed overall. Less