Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Miami2014

Member Name: Miami2014
Cruise Date: April 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Number: M263
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

FIRST CRUISE EXPERIENCE

Bed sheets had many stains, had them replaced right away. Not happy with that. Carpet didn't seem clean either. Balcony room was too small for my husband and I. Going with a suite next time if we decide to take a cruise again.

Food was basic, nothing special. Did have a lot to choose from but pretty much everyday was the same thing. No soda unless you pay for it. Just a heads up.

Pool was so small, looked like a bathtub. Filled with kids, no chance for adults to enjoy.hot tubs same thing, filled with kids.

Many lawn chairs on all the decks, enough for everyone.

Bingo was fun

Motown show was great

Couples Game was funny

SPA was amazing! Best part of ship for me. Very expensive tho, but I guess worth it.

Choose a dinner time cause if you choose the anytime dinner you will always be waiting in a long line to eat. If u choose a time 6 or 8, your seat will be waiting for you.

Staff is very friendly and attentive. People from all around which is great.

Casino was ok, no one ever won anything so if your going to play be prepared to give your money away.

We took a water taxi to Atlantis $8 each person round trip.

Walked around Atlantis for free, walked thru Rio hotel which is next door to same beach Atlantis is on for FREE. People don't pay for the Atlantis crap if you just want the beach and sun.

Just ask for the entrance to the Public Beach next to the Atlantis. We rented 2 beach chairs $10 each and a drink in a coconut for $20 with unlimited alcohol refills. Umbrellas are $25 each. My husband rented a jet ski for $120 for 1 hour. He had a blast. Beware the sun is super strong you will burn within a hour or 2. Even if your trying to tan still put some sun screen on. I'm glad we only stayed out there for 4 hours cause I would have been in a lot more pain then I already was.

Water is so beautiful and crystal clear. Favorite part of trip!

If your looking to shop go to Straw Market which is right out by the water taxi boats.

They close down around 6 so go as soon as you can.

My husband and I wanted to go to a fish fry so we took a taxi, too far to walk. I was hoping for some good fried shrimp and fish. Yea nothing like that, just local type food, nothing good. Sorry. My husband got jerk chicken and it looked gross. Waste of a night. Went to Senior Frog outside ship, way better food and good music.

Everything seems to close down early there, super boring.

Overall cruise was pretty basic, we had a better time in MIAMI.

If we decide to ever take a cruise again we will look for a ship with more to offer and more upscale.

Publication Date: 04/22/14