Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by lorikay

Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Amazing Experience, Something For Every Age

We had an amazing experience on Allure of the Seas! I was worried when the ship was full with 6100 passengers, but we never seemed to notice. There were no big lines, no crowds, and no waiting for any of the shows or meals.

Embarkation was a very smooth experience. We flew in the night before and stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach resorts. From there we took a taxi. They pull up right to the pier and you drop off your luggage, make sure your luggage is labeled. We purchased luggage tags and slipped the printed copy of the paper tags into them. We then proceeded to check in which was very smooth. We had a small wait before we could board at 12pm. Once onboard we ate lunch and our room was ready by 1pm.

We had two adjoining balcony cabins, 7710 and 7712. This was wonderful and convenient. The stateroom attendant opened the door between the cabins and also the dividing window between the decks. It felt like we had a suite for our party of five. The teenagers had their own room, but we could open the door and check on them at any time. Cabin 7710 has the bed by the door and a couch that opens to a full bed. 7712 has the bed by the window, which seems to give the room more space. The cabins were larger then I expected. Not a lot of storage space. Bring extra hangars and hang as much clothes as you can. Luggage fit nicely under the beds. Showers and bathrooms were a nice size.

The neighborhood layout of the ship was really nice. Central park was quiet and relaxing with its trees, park benches and cricket noises. Boardwalk was a fun area for young families. Do not miss Ocean Aria, we saw it twice it was so enjoyable! The promenade is fun and bustling and my kids loved the 24 hour pizzeria. The sports deck has literally something for everyone - 4 pools, Jacuzzis, an amazing childrens splash area, golf, basketball, soccer, dodgeball, surf similators, zip lines, etc.

The childrens program was wonderful! My 7 year old had a great time, and cried every time we picked him up! My teens had a great time. Deck 15 really becomes a great teen hangout at night. My boys made new friends and were kept busy every evening. The only thing we were disappointed with were the WOW phones that we rented from RCCL. Connection was terrible and the phones were in bad shape.

The ship is so clean and the service is incredible. Food was better than I could have expected! We ate in the dining room every evening. We tried the solarium, the windjammer, and ritas cantina. But, the main dining room had the best food and service by far. My kids enjoyed the hot dog stand and sorrentos pizza.

Labadee had amazing beaches, food and drinks. My husband and teens tried the zipline and had a great time. The childrens program on the beach was lacking, so I kept my younger son with me and he built sandcastles and played in the ocean.

In Jamaica we went to the Hilton Rose Hall and in Cozumel we did the Fury Catamaran. Both were very good excursions. Rose Hall has a pool, beach, food and drinks included. They also have an internet café. The staff on the Fury made the excursion so much fun. They also stop at a private beach that had a great water park. Wish we could have stayed there longer! Bring $11 if you want the buffet. In Fort Lauderdale we went on the airboat ride of the everglades. It was a bit disappointing as it is more of a tourist stop.

Publication Date: 04/21/14