Golden Princess Cruise Review by Georgiane: Another amazing adventure

Another amazing adventure

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Embarkation: Santiago (Valparaiso)

My DH and I were fortunate enough to take a 17 day Cruise on the Golden Princess from Santiago, Chile to Los Angeles, Ca. We had an amazing time. The staff on the ship was friendly and could not have done more for us. Our personal favorite was the Bartender at the Promenade Bar were we spend many happy evenings with our new and old friends at the Bar.

The food was great, we had no complaints. The great thing about being on a cruise is that if what you ordered was not to your liking you could send it back and get something else - although on this cruise we did not send anything back. I am vegetarian and had no problem with the food. Our friends and my husband raved about the lobster - one of our friends is actually from New Hampshire and she liked it as well... not sure were all the complainers on the other reviews ate at, but we had no issues. Food is not as spicy as you would have it at home but they are cooking for 3000 folks, so have to consider everyone.

It was More my DH's birthday and we went and had dinner at the steak house - the staff was wonderful, when I told them I did not eat meat or fish they provided me with a vegetarian meal and did not charge me the up charge.

We also had the British Pub Lunch and enjoyed the beer.....and the food.

I cannot talk about any of the shows, since we did not attend any - we did participate in all three wine tasting events and loved them. Highly recommend trying at least one while on a cruise. The High Tea was also a great event - I love Clotted Cream and scones and got my fill......

We took several tours with Princess and the most memorable one was the Pisco (St Martin) boat tour to the little Galapagos Island. Amazing to see Penguins in their natural habitat. Highly recommend this tour.

In Lima, Peru we took the day tour to the pyramids, a museum and to a Hacienda to watch the wonderful Peruvian Horses, it included lunch at the Hacienda and lots of Pisco.... Good time was had by DH and myself.

The other Princess tour we took was in Nicaragua, and I have to admit it was a little boring but it was still nice to drive around and see a little of the country.

We also went on a Cruise Critic arranged tour in Costa Rica - which was great fun...walking over the suspended bridges is an adventure - providing you are not afraid of heights... Wonderful place to take pictures.

Unfortunately a lot of folks came down with some kind of cold/respiratory infection - I ended up with a cold when I got home but I could have gotten that going shopping at the mall and it won't prevent me from cruising in the future - already booked another one...

Happy Sailing!!! Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Golden Princess P203

The cabins on the Golden Princess are smaller but well equipped. Had plenty of storage.... and the window which was above the bed allowed me to sit in it and watch the ocean go by. I do wish that the ugly shower curtains would be replaced by glass and the shower could be a little bigger but other than that no complaints here....