Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Stever516: Norwegeian Might be missing the Boat

Norwegian Breakaway 5
Member Since 2012
9 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Norwegeian Might be missing the Boat

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Our cruise was the second Norwegian Cruise this year. We also took two Royal Caribbean this year. We have two more Norwegian Cruises this year.

This was an easy get on and off cruise. We live on Long Island New York. (About one hour from PORT)

As a seasoned Norwegian cruiser Platinum Status they treat us great. We stayed in the Haven, in one of the aft penthouse suites. The cabin was spacious one and a half bath. The balcony was huge. Two chase, two chairs with small table, and a dining table with four chairs. I was really happy with it.

The Butler took care of us and made sure to give me a HARD pillow. In all there were ten on our bed. I was annoyed with the wife over that. We take breakfast in the room and were happy with the selection. Need more fruit Danish (cherry). Hard to come by. We ate in the specialty restaurants four nights of our cruise. Le Bistro was excellent both food and service. La Cuccina was equally good.

We were there for the More Casino. There too we were treated excellent. While my luck was not with me ,that's not the issue. Often the were hardly any machines to play. The Casino is smaller than on the Epic. There is room to add more. My wife did OK but not one of our best trips. The bill was paid with her winnings.

The Entertainment was good. Not the best but we had seen Rock of Ages on Broadway. Hard to beat.

My feeling with Norwegian is you get Freestyle. You can choose what is important and enjoy. A cruise is what you make it. We were not concerned with trying to smuggle water or alcohol on board to save a few cents. But Hey, Whatever turns you on. Less

Published 04/21/14

9 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X