MSC Divina Cruise Review by alanschiff

MSC Divina
MSC Divina
Member Name: alanschiff
Cruise Date: April 2014
See More About: MSC Divina Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Divina Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Divina Deck Plans
Fantastic! What a difference a year makes.

Last year I did a 5 day on the MSC Posea. It wasn't as horrible as the reviews I read before I went, but there was no lobster night in the dining room and you had to hunt for the good food at the buffet. The morning coffee service was a nightmare with long lines. The backup was due to the tiny cups provided and machines that would break down every10 people or so. Other than that, the ship was beautiful and service was acceptable.

This year I did a 5 day on the MSC Divina. Although I didn't really expect things to be different, I was pleasantly surprised. The food quality and variety at the buffet was fantastic. The food in the dining room was fantastic - lobster, baby lamb chops and more. The coffee service in the morning was flawless - big urns of fresh coffee and large mugs - no lines.

Divina is much larger than Posea giving passengers more places to go and things to do. This was a music theme cruise and only 60% to 75% full. If you didn't follow the music program, the ship felt empty (a good thing). My friend and I laughed on the last day when we remarked how busy our sun spot on aft deck was. There were 4 or 5 people other than ourselves!

Service is what I would call 'modern' and not like many of the traditional cruise lines. There's no "in your face" bar waiters hounding you in every public space. If you wanted a drink, they were always around. Although I only saw one towel animal during both of my MSC cruises, the cabin service is the traditional, twice a day full service as expected (and greatly appreciated).

It is obvious MSC reads comment cards and cruise critic reviews. The small changes I witnessed makde an enormous difference in my vacation experience. I would now recommend MSC without hesitation to anyone looking for a well priced cruise vacation.

Publication Date: 04/21/14