MSC Divina Cruise Review by alanschiff: Fantastic! What a difference a year makes.

alanschiff
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on MSC Divina Western Caribbean Cruises

Fantastic! What a difference a year makes.

Sail Date: April 2014

Last year I did a 5 day on the MSC Posea. It wasn't as horrible as the reviews I read before I went, but there was no lobster night in the dining room and you had to hunt for the good food at the buffet. The morning coffee service was a nightmare with long lines. The backup was due to the tiny cups provided and machines that would break down every10 people or so. Other than that, the ship was beautiful and service was acceptable.

This year I did a 5 day on the MSC Divina. Although I didn't really expect things to be different, I was pleasantly surprised. The food quality and variety at the buffet was fantastic. The food in the dining room was fantastic - lobster, baby lamb chops and more. The coffee service in the morning was flawless - big urns of fresh coffee and large mugs - no lines.

Divina is much larger than Posea giving passengers more places to go and things to do. This was a music theme cruise and only 60% to 75% full. If you didn't follow the music program, More the ship felt empty (a good thing). My friend and I laughed on the last day when we remarked how busy our sun spot on aft deck was. There were 4 or 5 people other than ourselves!

Service is what I would call 'modern' and not like many of the traditional cruise lines. There's no "in your face" bar waiters hounding you in every public space. If you wanted a drink, they were always around. Although I only saw one towel animal during both of my MSC cruises, the cabin service is the traditional, twice a day full service as expected (and greatly appreciated).

It is obvious MSC reads comment cards and cruise critic reviews. The small changes I witnessed makde an enormous difference in my vacation experience. I would now recommend MSC without hesitation to anyone looking for a well priced cruise vacation. Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Divina Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Divina 9173

This category of balcony room is smaller than others. There is no couch. I think they are the same width, but are shorter. The more square space, also makes it seem sunnier. Also, the odd cabins on the port side have better views. You can't tell from the deck plans, but the promenade below and the life boats extend further out on the starboard side, limiting your view (and giving you a little the sights, sounds and smells of the people walking below). I had the room to myself, so the smaller room was good for me.