Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Bawston: Celebrity A+ Canyon Ranch Spa F-

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Celebrity A+ Canyon Ranch Spa F-

Sail Date: March 2014

Over the last four years my wife has gotten me into cursing and now I'm hooked. To date, we have sailed on the following liners: Crown Princess, HAL Oosterdam, Norwegian Epic, Carnival Magic & Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas. Our goal was to sail all the major lines prior to choosing a particular company. Once we made the decision which cruise company best served our needs we would then enrolled into cruise rewards program to earn elite status points.

We chose Celebrity because of the high culinary and service marks.

The Good:

The embarkation process was smooth and efficient. We were directed into a line for elite members, and on board within about 10 minutes of arriving the terminal.

The ship is stunning, well maintained and kept in perfect condition.

The catering on board ranged from good to excellent. Starting with the Oceanview cafe (buffet-style dining), we would rate it 3 1/2 stars because the overall slections of foods was More limited at times. BTW.. calling what they serve as Sushi is a disgrace to the cuisine. The Opus dining room experience was good with a reasonably extensive menu and well-prepared dishes. Service was good. We found Blu to be a great option for Aqua Class guests to avoid the lines at the breakfast buffet during port days.

Of the specialty dining rooms, we ate at Qsine and Murano. We thoroughly enjoyed Qsine with its innovative cuisine. Some of the dishes were superb and the service outstanding. The Murano restaurant was absolutely amazing, a 5 star plus experience. They cooked several of the dishes right at the table, the servers were attentive and personable. It is worth the extra $45.00 p/p.

We discovered the Bistro on the last day and had the best $5 meal ever. My crepe was delicious!

I love the fact that Celebrity doesn't broadcast PA announcements every 5 minutes like some of their competitors. Yes, you all have Bingo on your ships.. Great! You heard the captains daily update at 10:00AM and that's about it. Perfect!

The Bad:

Avoid the Canyon Ranch Spa.

We chose to pay top dollar for the Aqua Class Suite accommodation because it included complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room. The week of our cruise Celebrity announced a partnership with the Canyon Ranch Spa to transition services to Canyon Spa. Therefore, the spa was CLOSED for the first two sea days because of this transition. Nothing like paying for an amenity that you're not receiving. The spa did have a table down at guest services to book spa services.

My wife booked a 9:00am appointment for a pedicure on day #3. She proceeded to the spa at 9:00 and ended up waiting 90 mins!! During her pedicure the staff member only applied (1) top coat of polish and my wife asked if she could apply two.. answer No. At the end of the service the staff crew up charged my sift an additional $70.00 for a service she did not even order. The total price for the 20 minute pedicure was $80.00 and the coat of polish didn't even last 24 hours.

The next day whiling checking into the spa my wife asked the front desk attendant if they could go ahead and just remove the remaining polish and she would just repaint herself. The staff member say yes for an additional charge for $25.00!! So disappointed, my wife politely declines and walks into the women's locker room to charge and notices that the same lady who performed her pedicure the day before was projectile vomiting all over the place. Apparently this staff member had one to many to drinks during the grand opening party.

The staff at the Canyon Ranch Spa are incredibly rude!!!! Never a smile and constantly complaining to guests that the staff wasn't even trained on Canyon Ranch Spa services prior to the transition. After day #4 my wife and I just stopped going to the spa which is extremely disappointing since we paid for the spa experience. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 2156

Our AquaClass Suite included 301 sq. ft was roomy (lots of storage) and the veranda was 79 sq. ft which is about 1/4 bigger than the standard balconies. The Aqua Class accommodation includes daily deliveries of bottled water and teas, priority dining in the Blu specialty restaurant and European-style butler service. Our butler Budi aka Boodie Call was super friendly and helpful. There were two cabin attendants and both were excellent! The cabin was kept in top condition and was always well-provided with towels and bathroom items. They were responsive and pleasant at all times.