Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by revaldry: Rider Beware.

revaldry

Rider Beware.

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Freeport

Our party of 8 was very displeased with our recent cruise to the Bahamas. Having cruised before on another ship, we were expecting a very positive experience. The ship is very old and should be retired. No luxury. Old and worn carpet. I will not recommend it to anyone. From the moment we got on the ship, we were constantly bombarded to purchase alcohol and bottle water. We had pay for soda! The carpet in my cabin was soiled, the bed covering was badly worn and should have been thrown out, and the chair was heavily soiled. The ship charges excessive fees and an automatic gratuity that wasn't desired. ("I have no problem tipping. One of the workers who took my luggage upon arriving asked for a tip before I had the opportunity to give him a tip. The ship felt more like a ferry ride, very rocky. The pool was so narrow and tiny that hardly 8 people could fit in it. No room for swimming. The internet pictures of the ship are misleading. I was disappointed by the bonfire excursion. The cost More exceeded the value of the excursion. While getting on the ship was timely, getting off was another story. Travelers had to wait very long on the ship and in customs. Process took us about 2 hours. The ship has only 2 elevators at one central location. Each time the elevators arrived at our floor, we had to wait because they were full. Eventually, we took our luggage down several flights of stairs, so we could stand in line. This is not the ship for those who want high quality living, service, and amenities. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 6202

The carpet in my cabin was soiled, the bed covering was badly worn and should have been thrown out, and the chair was heavily soiled. Upon our return, the control for the HVAC system did not work. We had to call for maintenance.