Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Dancerdave: Pleasently surprised

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

Pleasently surprised

Sail Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Houston

We booked a 7 night cruise on the Caribbean Princess, we have cruised many times on other cruise lines but this was our first on Princess. After reading some of the reviews, we were worried about the ship however our worries were totally unfounded. We used a shuttle service from the Comfort Suites in La Porte that picked us up right on time. We were through the terminal and on board in just 30 minutes and our cabin was ready and waiting for us. We booked a mini-suite on the port side forward. To start with, our cabin was wonderful we had lots of storage space and having a full tub was a treat. I was concerned about the uncovered balcony but honestly it was no big deal. The Port side gets the morning sun on the trip south and the afternoon sun on the way back home. Our cabin steward was very pleasant and greeted us by name every time he was us in the hallway. As a matter of fact, all of the room stewards greeted us with a friendly good morning or good afternoon when ever or where ever More we passed them.

The food was very good, I was surprised that they even brought us drinks in the buffet during breakfast and lunch. That was better service that we got even with Celebrity ( and they are known for luxury ). Our server in the dinning room was exceptional we were in the Palm dinning room early seating. The Lobster on formal night in the Palm dinning room was very good and very sweet however the lobster in Sabatini's the night before was a little over cooked and tough.

We love to dance so we enjoyed the 3 wood dance floors and didn't even try to dance in the sky lounge on the plastic and tile floor.

We did watch 2 movies under the stars, that was very nice, I was glad to have a blanket to keep the wind off.

We enjoyed all 3 ports that we visited, We shopped in Cozumel and enjoyed our favorite lunch spot Poncho's Back Yard. We rode the chair lift over to the beach for a day of swimming and snorkeling in Roatan and we rode the air boats in Balize what a rush.

I would definitely go on Princess again and Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess D210

We enjoyed the cabin, it had lots of storage space and having a full tub was very nice. I enjoyed having the couch and my very own TV even though we had only 1 remote we shared that. If I had it to do again, I would probably choose a cabin a little further aft. We love to dance and all of the clubs are in the aft part of the ship and the dinning rooms are also aft so we had a real hike every time we went to and from our cabin. The room Steward was exceptional. I would hope to get him again.