Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by junebug65

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Number: U-94
Entertainment Not Rated

As expected - a 3 night cruise is a floating bar

We took this 3 night cruise to the Bahamas after a work conference in Orlando. 2 BFFs on either side of 50. I fully was prepared for this cruise to be crazy, wild with lots of drinking - as I wasn't disappointed. I have no complaints about that and was happily surprised at the friendliness of most everyone.

Embarkation - we rented a car - Avis - in Orlando and dropped off at the Avis in Port Canaveral. I never saw the female employees' name but she was wonderful. I would rent there again just because of her wonderful and personalized service. Once we found the Priority Line for check-in it was smooth, but from the back of a long line, you could not see the signs indication Priority Check-in. Other than that, it was nice and fast.

Cabin - we has a grand suite with extended balcony. It was huge!! Loved every minute on the balcony - 2 lounge chairs and a regular chair. It was the best part of the cruise! Fabulous.

Dining - ate dinner in the Fantasy dining room. Food was much better than I expected. Only complaint - the wait staff we had 2 nights spoke so incredibly soft we could not hear them. Seriously. We really had not idea what she was saying it was soft and unintelligible. She was lovely and accommodating, but just could not hear her.

Service - We had drunks in the cabin across from us who felt the need at 1:30 in the morning to have a yelling and screaming "conversation" with their family and friends so loudly that they woke us up. After 10 minutes, I made the mistake of opening the door and asking if they wouldn't mind taking the discussion into their cabin. I mistakenly thought they would act civilized and do just that. Instead, they were louder. It then took over 10 minutes to reach anyone in guest services by phone - and the only way I reached them was by calling room service and asking them to transfer me. Security did arrive quickly and managed after 5 minutes to corral them into their room. But of course, at 4:30 they felt the need to retaliate and were pounding on our door and crank calling us until we took the phone off the hook. Then the next day, the juvenile behavior continued as they knocked on our door (and ran into theirs), switched the sign on the door from "crusin'" to "snoozin" in an attempt to have our room not serviced. Did I mention this was done by adults over 40? I called and spoke with Guest Services. Basically, they would pass along our concerns again but could not set up a meeting with Security. She did give us the super secret number for Guest Services - they one that they do answer when busy. Thankfully, the neighbors limited themselves to just a few knocks on the door - we took the phone off the hook again. The suite neighbors to the one side, 2 guys, sounded like each got lucky and one commandeered the balcony, so we just listened to music on headphones.

Also, my friend's suitcase lost a wheel and the surrounding case from just the curb to cabin. No real recourse. Here is a letter. Go home and have it fixed (where??). Submit everything and maybe we'll reimburse you.

All in all. like any cruise, it's what you make of it. We wanted a great balcony to read and relax on and Carnival did not disappoint there. Just know that there can be some unruly guests staying near you. Their service in some areas was sorely lacking as well. I would probably not cruise on the Sensation again.

Publication Date: 04/21/14