Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by nadif211

Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Number: 5346 - 10114
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms Not Rated
Cabins Not Rated

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
Carnival Sunshine (It's relative)

As I sit on my balcony here in Saint Thomas, I laugh to myself. If you asked me three days ago how I felt about the Sunshine I wold have rated it 2/5. Since we have changed cabins our experience and comfort have increased.

It's all relative. Our cabin we booked, 5346, was an aft extended balcony. Since day one we noticed a foul odor that smelt like grease and oil coming through our a/c vents. It came and went we didn't think it would be that big of a deal. Two days later it got considerably worst. The smell got so bad that my wife was forced to vomit several times. We called guest services and got the ball rolling on the process to fix the issue. It took three days to get to some kind of resolution. The odor/smell came without any warning . It happened dozens of times throughout the day and went on for days. Finally on day 6 they were able to move us to cabin 10114. And let e tell you it is night and day. The cabin smells wonderful because it is a cloud 9 cabin. Even the toilet has no foul odor. So if you asked me now how is my cruise experience onboard the Sunshine I would give it a 3.8/5, however there is still 3 days left on our cruise. We are still waiting for guess services to let us know what form and how much compensation we will receive for the days of inconvenience and price difference between the balconies. A small side note they made sure to inform us that we will not receive any cloud 9 amenities , let see if the compensation reflects that.

Now on to the rest of this lovely ship. It is beautiful and the finishes are nice. A lot better than the Dream. The design actually makes sense. For example the hallways reflect the name of the ship unlike the Dreams'. As for food there is plenty and no long lines to contend with. At least none that we have seen.

I have a lot more to talk about but it's time to enjoy the day the my family.

I will update after our cruise.

PS the gym is the best I've seen on any Carnival ship.

Publication Date: 04/21/14
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

More Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews