“It was great!”
Cruise review of Norwegian Breakaway

1stcruiseandwithoutthekid Norwegian Breakaway 5 It was great!
1stcruiseandwithoutthekid
Member Since 2014
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We had a blast! This was our first cruise and it was amazing. From the staff to the drinks I think everything was on par. The food in the buffet was just that (buffet food) it was what you would expect from a buffet. I don't know what kind of buffets a lot of these people frequent but whenever we have gone to a buffet its decent but nothing to right home about. In the main dining rooms we thought the food was good. The Manhattan room was great!! The service impeccable! The drinks everywhere on the ship where made to perfection! (Some with a heavy hand but I'm not complaining). Rock of Ages "AWESOME" (not in the least for children) but the staff repeatedly says that before the performance and its written in the bulletins. So if you bring your kid and get offended it's your own fault. Burn the floor was OK. Cirque was "AMAZING" Howl at the moon became our watering hole for the duration of the trip (so much fun). Second City (not funny at all) maybe a chuckle here and there. My only quibble was that I wish the parties at H2O were a lil bit earlier. They didn't start until 10:45. Maybe 9 ish or even 10. That extra 45 mins killed me...lol... I was three sheets to the wind by 10:45.. Ok one more quibble, our time at Great Stir-up Island was too short!!! I loved that Island it was amazing!! Overall a great time ! We are going back next year (this time with the kids).

Norwegian Breakaway Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

12154
I thought it was very roomy. The Balcony was perfect for sitting and enjoying the sunrise/set. Comfortable.

Atlantis Aquaventure

Atlantis is beautiful. However, the water park was aaah ok. Not great, definitly not worth the $179 pp I paid. We only stayed about 2 hrs then went to the Straw Market and the Fish Fry (a strip of beach with restaurants & lil tiki looking huts serving drinks) . Now that was great! FYI the beach near the Fish Fry you can rent Jet Ski's (Cheap) and Decent Beach Massage for $25. That is where we will be next year!!

Published 04/21/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Breakaway Review
Norwegian Breakaway Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?