Getaway - A bucket list cruise for everyone: Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by southerncruiser934
Overall Member Rating
Getaway - A bucket list cruise for everyone
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
We stayed in cabin 14166, a spa balcony. The cabin was extremely tight on storage space and balcony size, but we managed. The bathroom shower was very large and entire bathroom very roomy with good storage.
We purchased the Ultimate Dining Package and here are our impressions of the venues we chose:
1) Teppanyaki - A must do! Great food and entertainment.
2) Le Bistro - Classy with wonderful menu. Food was excellent.
3) Moderno - More Excellent food but too many choices to be able to try everything.
4) Cagney's - Excellent food.
5) La Cucino - Excellent food and a special treat sitting outside while sailing away from Nassau.
6) Ocean Blue - probably THE WORST food we have ever eaten in any restaurant. The horrible taste of charred broccoli will remain with me forever.
We also did the Illusionarium - lots of fun and food was good. Get there early.
Legally Blonde was very well done. Also - get there early.
Burn the Floor was fabulous.
We did not go to the Haven but did have unlimited access to the spa amenities. I didn't find the spa areas relaxing because of the noise from the whirlpool. You had to shout to talk to the person next to you, which meant everyone else was as well.
Casino - one of the best we've encountered on a cruise ship. The points we built up gave us free drinks by the 3rd day, and $194 credits toward onboard charges. I won $1700 in the slots and husband won over $1500 at the 3-card poker table. We definitely came home with more than we took!
Service was always with a smile. Crew very helpful. Impressed with the huge line of crew members lined up to wave goodbye when we disembarked. Didn't get the feeling we were being thrown off the ship like with Carnival.
We have already booked the same cruise for next year. Less
Cabin review: 14166
Very tight on storage.