Star Clipper Cruise Review by bmolmod

Star Clipper
Member Name: bmolmod
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: St. Maarten
See More About: Star Clipper Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Star Clippers Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Star Clipper Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Star Clipper Deck Plans
Best Vacation ever!

I truly enjoyed our week upon the Star Clipper. Although my husband and I have cruised several large lines including Celebrity and Princess, nothing prepared us for this incredible sailing vessel.It is a sight to behold and the sound of the rising masts and the wind blowing thru them stay with you way beyond your 7 days aboard! The accommodations are very nice, the ship is kept in superb condition, the service excellent and the food,quality,presentation and variety was the best of any cruise line. 5 star!!

Although I have always requested a balcony with any cruise line we have used before I was extremely worried about being sea level. I gave to admit we really enjoyed our little porthole to the world. I have some wonderful pictures out that porthole.....and at times it looked like a washing machine.....Makes me realize I do not need a balcony to enjoy other cruises...think of the money I can now save.

The Treasure Islands were perfect ...white sand...turquoise waters ...lots of yummy rum concoctions....but I don't think I would care where this ship was going. I just loved being on board. The small international passenger count of 160 made it easy to make long lasting friendships via pictures and email exchanges even if you do not speak the same language.

Helping to hoist the masts, watching the brave actually climb them....or just sun bathing on the deck....there is something for everyone.

I can not wait to start to plan our next voyage....we are looking forward to the magnificent Royal a Clipper this time. I would highly recommend this line!!

Publication Date: 04/20/14