Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by ilanas

Celebrity Equinox
Member Name: ilanas
Cruise Date: March 2014
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Elegant Ship

This was our 4th cruise - 3rd with Celebrity & sailed once on RCL.

We loved every minute of the cruise. You know you are on Celebrity the moment your foot touches the ship with the lovely welcome & excellent customer service. The Ship is bright & Silhoutte dining room delightful. We did find the lighting to be a little too subdued for reading menus!!

There wasn't anything that we disliked about the cruise. Entertainment was excellent with a wide onboard program including Zumba classes. My only critism would be that that the Zumba classes would be better to be held at an alternative venue rather than poolside due to the heat. The onboard programs were wide & included interesting lectures, didn't have enough time to enjoy as many as I would have like. Hats off to Celebrity for catering for all interests, I particularly enjoyed Richard "The Nerd" with his internet & ipad seminars, & also his excellent service in the iLounge. Andres the Zumba instructor was also wonderful, I enjoyed his classes immensley.

All those extra touches are there with Celebrity, including the chocolate on the pillows - we love these touches including the wet towels & cold drinks next to the ship after port calls.

If I was to nit-pick - the fact that we had to turn the clock forward twice on the last day would be my only grumble. We turned it forward once at midnight & again as 14:00 on the last day. Maybe it'd have been better to turn it forward an hour the day before. We therefore lost an hour between 14:00 - 15:00 coupled with the fact that it was a sea day packed with activity as well as packing, I felt that I was running around all day. I would have preferred a more relaxing last cruising day.

Liked that the restrooms had electronic automatic doors which you could tap with your elbows to open, excellent for hygiene purposes. The public restrooms were lovely with unusual wash basins & lovely orchids in everyone.

We loved the ship & would definitely like to sail on her again in the future.

Hats off to Celebrity for a wonderful holiday.

Publication Date: 04/20/14