Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisemedic649

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisemedic649
Grandeur of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Member Name: cruisemedic649
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

A great time was had by all!

We were a little nervous based on some of the reviews that we read, but were happy from the point of embarkation through the debarking procedures (we were on and off the ship withing 30 minutes!). Our room was a large interior stateroom, but with the size of the cabin, along with the creative use of mirrors, we never felt cramped or claustrophobic, even with three of us sharing the cabin. Plenty of hangers, drawers and closet space for three people. The only downside of the cabin was that it was close to the R Bar/Centrum area, so on the few nights I tried to get my younger son to bed, we were entertained by whatever type music was being played at the time. Sometimes it was fine, but ballroom music is not really my thing. The ship looked spotless - and with an outbreak of the norovirus on the previous cruise (and an outbreak on our trip also), there was so much cleaning going on, that it's a wonder any germ could survive. We were fortunate to not experience any illness, but a lot of Purell and hand washing in between didn't hurt either. There are some areas where the ship is showing her age, but nothing drastic. The food in the MDR was great...we had My Time Dining and were assigned a table to ourselves near the window every evening as requested by 10 year old son. The wait staff, Tomislav and Shekar, were friendly, efficient and great at suggesting trying different things. They were very patient with my son who can be a handful at times! The entertainment throughout the week was very good, the violinist, Analisa Chang was great even though I would not have normally gone to this type of show, it was very entertaining. The Centrum bands were very good, and the aerialist/song & dance show, Seasons, was very entertaining. Our excursions were a little disappointing due to weather related issues - too windy for parasailing at CoCo Cay, and our waterpark adventure was cancelled due to a high chance of rain in Nassau...not the crusie line's fault. My kids did enjoy the airboat ride through the Everglades and seeing alligators up close during the Port Canaveral excursion. The kids club was a bit of a disappointment to my son - he went once, but didn't want to go back after the first time, saying it was too boring. He did however, meet many children during the trip and they managed to stay occupied between the hot tub, pool and arcade. Overall I thought this was a great time and a great value for the money. My two sons enjoyed their first cruise ever, and are already talking about booking the Grandeur again!

Publication Date: 04/20/14