Astor Cruise Review by cruisewa: Had a great time

Had a great time

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Embarkation: Perth (Fremantle)

I was prompted to write this review after seeing a couple of negative ones.

We were a group of 10 that went on the Astor in March 2014 for a 3 night cruise to nowhere (Busselton).

My Comments:

Boarding: was very smooth and quick. Took about 20 minutes from arrival at Terminal to cabin.

Cabin: outside twin, very comfortable and very very clean

Meals: overall would rate 4 out of 5. Good food and service, with a great wine list including western Australian wines.

The boat: is what I would call boutique – a small vessel with about 600 passengers when full. The public areas had a really nice feel and our favourite spot was the Captains Club bar. Having been on a few P and O boats, by comparison this one is cosier, and very clean – the public toilets spotless as well.

Entertainment: again very enjoyable, though the sound system was not balanced promptly on the 2nd night’s performance.

Disembarkation: More probably my main criticism was the queue to drop off your cabin key, confirm you have paid the bill and retrieve your passport/photo ID – this took about 30 – 40 minutes.

Disabled access (wheelchair) – as with many ships of this style and age – I noted the corridors are not ideal (not wide) for wheelchairs, and the lift takes ages.

Would I recommend to others? Yes Less

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?