Sea Princess Cruise Review by wheels1000: A ship made better by...................

wheels1000
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Sea Princess Australia & New Zealand Cruises

A ship made better by...................

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Brisbane

We flew up from Sydney to try Sea Princess and was looking forward to our upgrade from midships C deck to just below the bridge on A deck with window.

Of course some doubt remained about more stairs and motion too at the higher front part of the ship. This turned out to be correct in slightly rough seas. I'm looking to avoid upgrades in future.

Having travelled on Princess Cruises before and RCI, I found myself feeling that the staff and food was ok, there was no lift above normal and average. Staff motivation seemed so as well. Just nothing to get excited about although there was some nice interaction with some of the staff.

Last (RCI) cruise I came away from Radiance really impressed with the ship and realised that the cruise director (Amy) and Captain Peterson made all the difference. So too , a lot of the motivated crew. So, there's more to a cruise than measuring the ship. The key people can make a difference....in their leadreship and infusion of More attitude.

Here to, on Sea Princess, I learned that what could have been a very average experience, was lifted into a very nice short cruise by the people we met. Are they matching people with the people at tables ?

On top of that we had ....not a broadway show, as we've sometimes experienced, but 2 of the three acts were by a single person. Maggie Scott with 7-8 piece band backing her very talented comedy and piano show and the Scottish solo pianist David Moore. What an intrigueing mind as he changed music and told jokes and stirred the audience.

So, with good company and a couple of class acts.......it was quite enjoyable.

She was about to leave on 35 days to Hawaii and without those two factors ....I'm afraid it would be leaving us a bit flat. Less

Read more Sea Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Sea Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Sea Princess A217

Nice average size cabin. Not in a good location on the ship being well forward under the bridge.