Went on this cruise to celebrate our 34 Wedding anniversary.
1) we stayed at Ft Lauderdale airport North Hampton Inn. Nice room. Free pick up from the airport and the hotel has transportation arranged to take you to the port for $6.00 per person.
2) easy transfer of luggage for van to Celebrity
3) greeted with champagne and the room were ready a tad earlier than expected.
4) had conceigere class 8152. The room was roomy and nicely decorated. I had ordered the anniversary special. A bottle of champagne was waiting for us. Our cake was delivered during our evening meal. Rose petals on the bed when we arrived after dinner. Really nice touches. :( no towel surprises. But bed was turned down with a piece of chocolate waiting
5) The staff is extremely polite and attentive. I was received a hello Madame or pleasure to serve you Madame
6) as stated in other reviews. Did not see our room attendant much during the cruise. Suspect she was hyper busy trying to keep things in optimum shape
7) we did not receive daily Hors d' oeuvres. The fruit was changed daily but we did not eat any
8) please confirm what is part of the concierge package. A tote and really nice towels were left on our bed. Did not know if they were ours to keep or if they belonged to celebrityb
9) track your expenses on the TV system sent up for passengers
10) we had dinner in the San Marcos. The food was very good. The escargot was amazing. Out servers were very attentive and accommodating. One of our table mates had a nut allergy. She was given the menu for the following day so she could find what she could eat and it could be prepared correctly
11). As previously stated the internet is way over priced.
12) the lounges had excellent entertainment in the evenings. Like being in a little jazz club with popular and oldies being sung. Piano player was amazing
13) did not go to any shows, but I heard they were amazing. Everyone raved about the magician. Why no shows. This was a much needed RR. So we spent lots of time on our Balcony and chilling in our room.
14) yep movie selection was poor unless you paid. The TV channels were also very limited.
15) yep this is a oldie but goodie cruise. I am 60 and my husband 62. We were the youngsters. There were some 40 something's on the cruise but mostly pre-seniors and seniors.
I loved the intense serenity of the ship. From the artwork to the decor it was all to relax not send your arousal patterns into overdrive. As we were sailing away, a Carnival cruise line was about 1/2 a mile from the Connie. Their music was blaring and were heard the DJ conversations. Glad I was on the Connie.