Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by 123alex3: MODERN, COLOSSAL, AMAZING... NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY

123alex3
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

MODERN, COLOSSAL, AMAZING... NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I've been on Breakaway once before in August of 2013 and loved it. From the time I stepped foot off that ship, I knew that I would be back there in the near future

On day one of BOTH trips I left my house at around 10:30 and was at port by 11:00. Embarkation was peaceful. When you arrive, they take your baggage, and you go straight to your line depending on your latitude rewards level. I was in the haven BOTH times on Breakaway and I have to say, you get a separate line and room that is quiet and relaxing and you feel like you are already on vacation even though you have to go through all the security checks. One thing that I was a little bit disappointed with was that you only get all your bags at the early afternoon and if you have plans on the first night, you wont get to unpack. All in all the Embarkation process was very organized, and relaxing.

On day one if you are in the haven suits, your butler waits for you in the room and welcomes you and then escorts you More to the haven to meat your 24-7 concierge. The service in the Haven was amazing. On the first night of out 1st Breakaway trip, we had a show called BURN THE FLOOR which was very nice. The performers are very professional and kept most people entertained throughout the entire show. We have seen this show on our 2nd Breakaway trip and, noticed a sclite difference between the first and second show. Not that it was bad, but the choreography of the show shouldn't have changed. I personally think it tool a very very very small turn for the worse. We saw a couple of other shows including ROCK OF AGES, MICHAEL FINNEY, THE SECOND CITY, AND DINNER AND A SHOW, CIRQUE DREAMS JUNGLE FANTASY. All of these shows went from funny to dramatic and I loved it!

One of my favorite shows was Michael Finney. He is not such a high mateninece man who makes you feel like you are lower than him in his shows. He was very kind and welcoming and made us walk out of that show very happy. I even waited in a long line for his autograph and I am not usually very impatient. We also saw CIRQUE DREAMS AND FANTSAY. I've got to say the food was pre-made to save time at the show and wasn't so good but the show itself was indeed spactilar. You felt as if you had a cirques right before your eyes.

In this review I didn't talk much about the service provided on the ship and all the rooms and all that other stuff but if you scroll up and look at all of my ratings, it will give you a good idea of how I liked the ship. All in all I loved BOTH trips and am looking forward to sailing with NCL again. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Breakaway 12106 and 9106

All in all I loved BOTH trips and am looking forward to sailing with NCL again.