Queen Victoria Cruise Review by Bluenjg

Member Name: Bluenjg
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Auckland
Destination: South Pacific
See More About: Queen Victoria Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Victoria Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Victoria Deck Plans
Bored - bored - bored!

We have cruised with several different lines. In fact this was our 7th cruise, but the first with Cunard. And I'm sorry but it will be our last. You cannot fault the food and the waiting service. The ship was clean and tidy. But there was just nothing to do!

If you did not play whist, bridge, advanced bridge or cribbage - if you did not ballroom dance - if you did not want to attend lectures on plate tectonics - then there is very little else to do. Oh, there were the large number of quiz games each day. There was bingo. There was Wii if you wanted to organise that yourself, but really not much else.

Onboard there were eight dancers and four singers. Over twenty days they did three 45 minute shows (love to have their job). There were two ventriloquists who did impressions. One was very good - the other did impressions of himself doing bad impressions of others. One comedian who was excellent and a couple of mediocre singers. All up nine shows over twenty nights.

One had to wear a jacket every night regardless of the temperature. And it was uncomfortably hot in the tropics. The air conditioning was pretty much non existent.

And my favourite thing. Two folks asked to leave the dance floor because the dancing they were doing was just not suitably ballroom.

I could go on about finding that my cabin had been left open by the steward, or that the gang plank fell off the ship at San Francisco leaving many of us soaked from the heavy rain and without out information or support for over two hours stranded in a cold wharf building, or the unhelpful purser who dismissed our concerns at not being able to contact our bank as " our problem" - I could but I think I'd rather just vote with my money and spend it elsewhere for our next adventure.

I would not recommend this as a good way to spend your hard earned money.

Publication Date: 04/19/14