Carnival Ecstasy 2

NellieX
Member Since 2014
6 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

I won't go into a detailed explanation of why this cruise kind of sucked. I was a first-time cruiser, and everyone assured me that I would love it. Well...I didn't. The room was alright, if small. The bathroom smelled weird, and our toilet was perpetually stained and smelly. The ship felt like a cheap casino, only the decks had a timeless feel to them. The service was usually abrupt if not outright rude...since when is it acceptable to bark one word at a customer, and then bark louder when they don't understand the context in which you are barking the word "BEER" at them? Our steward was friendly but we rarely saw him, and he sure never offered his services to us.

The food was TERRIBLE. Bland, sloppy, and just gross. The buffet was confusing...they always seemed to be closing.

Key West was beautiful, no problems there. Cozumel seemed like one giant tourist trap, and most of the on-shore excursions were cancelled after we had disembarked (due to strong winds). We More ended up spending a nice afternoon on a beach on the other side of the island, but I'm not really pleased with how it was handled. Also, walking around in the city was a nightmare, people shouting at us left and right.

The other cruisers were the WORST. I've never seen so much boorish, piggish behavior in my life. Pushing, shouting, shoving, grabbing at food, children running amok left and right...it just baffled me. The pool and hot tubs were perpetually filled with screaming children (or drunk adults, on the Serenity Deck). It looked like human soup. Someone pooped in one of the atrium elevators the first day on the ship.

I will not be cruising with Carnival again. In fact, I don't know that I will ever be cruising again. Less

Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: April 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

U3
Small but clean. Bathroom was kind of gross and smelled weird. Our bathrobes had yellowish stains on them, looked very old.

We booked a Snuba excursion, it was cancelled due to water conditions. We rebooked a Chakanaab day pass, and that was also cancelled due to water conditions, which we didn't find out about until we were on shore. Luckily we were given a refund. Don't bother hanging around the port, unless you like paying too much money for overpriced crap. Grab a taxi and head to the other side of the island to enjoy the beach. We spent a very nice afternoon at Playa Chen Rio, had lunch at the restaurant, swam a little, then just relaxed on the hammocks next door. Don't bother going into town, either...it's overflowing with people who want to take your money in exchange for complete crap.

Read 4535 Cozumel Reviews

This SHOULD be the longer port. Didn't bother with an excursion, as we were only in port for four and a half hours. Literally everything in Old Town is walkable from the port. We went to South Beach, and my friend took a jet ski tour with Barefoot Billy's while I walked up and down Duval shopping. Wish we could have stayed the whole day.

Read 1089 Key West Reviews

Published 04/19/14

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review

Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?