Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by fice

Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Number: U7
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

I ate frog legs !!

I live in South America, and decided to take a couple of weeks vacations in California, so my wife and I, took a short cruise to fill the time. There is no much options from Los Angeles, and Carnival run these 3 and 4 days cruises to Ensenada, so we embarked on Sunday March 27 around 1 pm with no lines at all, our porthole cabin in Upper deck was ready, ample, lighted and priced as inside.

This was our 7th cruise, second in Carnival, because of that, I can say that all cruises were more or less the same, but definitely, you are better in a cruise that in your work. This ship is 20 years old but you don't notice that, floor carpets are good, the bed is comfy, wood on decks and rails is smooth and brilliant, the ship is clean, elevators work, toilets flush, no complains on that side.

Food can be matter of angry, but again, you eat much better in a cruise that in your home, with a big difference, if you don't like a dish, you can order another one with no questions. If I try to do that at home, my wife will put a pan on my head. Actually I will remember this cruise because it's first time I ate frog legs and alligator fritters. Frog legs taste like chicken wings without sauce, and alligator could be like chicken burger. I have eaten scargots several times before and liked them.

Service at Pride restaurant was good, our waiter Mariana from Romania was very kind and efficient. Some dishes were below average, like the sweet and sour shrimps where I was difficult to find a shrimp under the cover, I asked for another entree and Mariana replaced instantly. On the other hand the lamb shank was outstanding, the lobster very good, etc. Buffet was ok, Mongolian wok is good but lines there are long.

There were some groups of college and high school students, a little noisy for my ears, specially if they loud their hip hip hurras at dinner, but nothing terrible at all. Curious, they did not appear at parties on Lido deck where they were supposed to be.

Entertainment was average, a rock show was performed two nights in a cruise of four.

Port calls have been widely reviewed by other members, so I pass.

My only strong complain for this cruise was the tender disembark at Catalina, what a bothering, even we formed the line about 11h30, we had to wait 80 minutes to take a boat. There were 5 or 6 boats for 25 or 30 people in a 4 minutes trip, but the people handling the operation was so slow that took 15 - 20 minutes to send each boat.

Another general complain is for Carnival not placing a couch in the cabins, their subsidiaries Holland and Costa have them, you can not rest in a chair, and I don't like to undo the bed

Publication Date: 04/18/14