Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Briana15987

Member Name: Briana15987
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Galveston

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!

This was not my first cruise with Carnival, we actually chose to go with Carnival over Royal Caribbean and now Im just wishing we went with Royal Caribbean. The experience we had was awful! The first few days were fun, my husband and two daughters have never been so it was exciting to see their faces light up upon boarding. Our first port was suppose to be Isla Roatan, we never were able to dock due to "weather" this was perfect weather to dock in sunny calm waters and oh yeah there was another cruise ship who was able to dock that I and other passengers witnessed with our own eyes. After hundreds of complaints to guest services employees started to crack and we were told it was due to Cartel. Carnival was issued a warning back in December to inform future and current guests of the dangers in Roatan and instead of doing that and issuing refunds because they knew they would not dock they blamed it on beautiful weather so they didn't have to refund the money for that port. That day I was in the pool with my two daughters and husband and I was told I could not go swimming with my daughter/ have her in the pool period. She is 7 months old and was wearing a swim diaper and a swimsuit. I was told she couldn't be in the water because she could pee in the water. So basically I payed $500 for a baby who doesn't eat food and cant go swimming. I was furious! After that money went missing from our cabin and after hours with a security guard we went to my room to do a cabin search. While I was talking with head housekeeping the security guard went through my bags and pulled out a pair of shorts that I had NOT worn the entire time I was on the ship and pulled out the money...nice cover up. My family and I were just ready to get home at that point. Two days after getting home I was doing my daughters hair I found LICE!! I am a stay at home mom, my children are not in daycare nor are they around other children. It was from the cruise. I called them furious and all they had were excuses. Now today I went to check my accounts and noticed a charge to my card from the cruise after calling to find out for what they say I took multiple items out of the mini bar/fridge in the room. Well my husband and I brought our own sodas and never touched a single drink in there. They didn't just charge us for one drink but 6 drinks...how that is possible is beyond me! I was so disappointed with this cruise line it makes me sick. We saved up for 8 months to finally take a vacation and it was such a waste of money and our time. The cruise itself was nice, people were friendly and we had fun despite all of the horrible things that happened because I would not let thousands of dollars just go to waste but over all I would not recommend Carnival to anyone and they have not sone anything to assure us what happened will never happen again or apologize.

Publication Date: 04/18/14