Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by hotshot1: Ready to cruise again

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Ready to cruise again

Sail Date: March 2014

My wife and I have cruised 10 times now. Cruise lines we have traveled with include Carnival, Princess and most recently Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas.

We found the embarking to be really fast and easy. The ship is big and beautiful and impressively clean. The onboard staff is warm and friendly and ready to go above and beyond is what is expected of them. Of all the cruises we have been on, the Oasis entertainment has been the best however you should make reservations prior to taking your cruise. The dining and wait staff are also ready to serve at your beckon call. For those of us that try to eat healthy meals there were plenty of options to choose from. The most amazing thing about this ship is the fact we never felt any movement while sailing at sea, we even missed leaving port from Labadee Haiti because of how smooth the ship sails. The issue I enjoyed was the Alcohol was not being crammed down our throats. If we wanted a cocktail we knew where to find it. More

This ship will be hard to beat and go back to a smaller ship. Central Park and Boardwalk were amazing. We sat in the Central Park area and never felt like we were on a ship. We even observed live birds living in the trees.

This is only my viewpoint and would highly recommend anybody to cruise on the Oasis. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas 11202

Our cabin steward was awesome. He always checked with us to determine if everything was ok. When asked him to get me ice at his first opportunity he dropped what he was doing and brought it to me right away.

Mayan Ruins

Cozumel was simply amazing. The folks were friendly and outgoing. We traveled via a very nice motor coach to the Tulum Ruins. This trip was very informative and scenic. I will revisit Cozumel again and plan on going diving in the coral reefs.

Dunn's River Falls

(1)

The tour at Dunn's River falls was average. I obtained a knee injury caused by a tour guide. He pushed me while my foot was stuck in a rock causing me to hyper extend my knee. Getting to the excursion is dangerous because of the erratic driving of the local motorist's. The Fallmouth port however is very nice if you stay in the confines. Royal Caribbean has done a nice job in improvements there.

Tubing

(1)

As usual Jamaica continues to sketchy. Drivers drive erratically on the roads going head on into opposing traffic, the tour guide at Dunns River Falls caused me a knee injury by pushing me while my foot was stuck in a rock. The tubing excursion was not what I expected and the drive to the tubing area was sketchy to say the least. I will never visit Jamaica again.

(5.5)

First time visiting Labadee we took advantage of snorkeling and jet skiing. Beautiful and clean. Royal Caribbean has done a very nice job with this port.

Read 359 Labadee Reviews