Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by 2catfamily

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by 2catfamily
Brilliance of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Member Name: 2catfamily
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
AWESOME SHIP TIME ON THE BRILLIANCE

We decided to do a cruise on March 20th that was only for four days. My husband and myself with 10 other family members in our group. Arriving at Tampa port was very easy and within 45 minutes we were all on the ship enjoying a drink at the R Bar. At least six of us bought the premium drink package and all of us were glad that we did. It was nice to try different drinks and especially Martini's that the mixologist would make at the R bar. Owna is one of the bartenders at this bar and she is fantastic.

In the MDR, we really enjoyed our large table that we were all able to sit together and our waiter Joe always made us feel welcome. Our party was told every night what was the best things on the menu and our waiter was always right. We all enjoyed the food and service! If you don't like what you are eating just ask for something else, I did this one night and the waiter had no problem. One other night three of us order the Chop steak and it came the same time as everyone else's food. The Chop steak's were excellent!

We had a balcony cabin and I do have to say, it will be hard not to have any other kind of room. I loved having coffee from room service on the balcony. The Brilliance Room Service is one of the best we have experienced. They were always on time and always brought us exactly what we wanted.

In Cozumel we went to Mr Santos for the day and we had such a good time! We had excellent service and we really enjoyed the swim up bar. After a little shopping we returned to the ship for a nap so we could enjoy the activities at night which was the 70 dance party. The Cruise director Steve Davis and his staff was fabulous with getting the crowd going and what a dance party it was! So entertaining with also a performance of the Village People. Speaking of entertainment some of our people in our party decided to get involved on the practices for Thriller Dance which is taught by the Cruise Director. I went to watch and loved all his jokes and how he taught the classes. He was very patient and encouraging that it will all come together in only three practices. He was so correct on this! The last night was the performance and it was fantastic and you could tell everyone was having a great time.

My only complaint I would have is we did go to Rita's Cantina's during a sea day in the afternoon and had a hard time finding a place to sit with our large group. Many people from the Windjammer was in there and taking up the tables for the guest's that would like to eat at Rita's. . We did have some help from a staff member to get us a table and it was fantastic. I was told they have a problem with this a lot since it centered right between outside seating and inside seating for the Windjammer. The Mexican food was full of flavors and was loved by all of us.

We took our own luggage off and it was a very smooth departure.

I would recommend the Brilliance to everyone because it's a great ship!

Publication Date: 04/16/14
More Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

More Royal Caribbean Reviews