Braemar Cruise Review by roz1812

Member Name: roz1812
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Tenerife
Destination: Canary Islands
See More About: Braemar Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Fred. Olsen Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Braemar Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Braemar Deck Plans
Great first Solo cruise!

I have just come back from cruising to Cape Verde, Gambia and Senegal on the Braemar and had a wonderful cruise. As a solo cruiser on my first cruise I was apprehensive but I need'nt have been as from day one everyone was so friendly, the staff are very helpful and the ship is small enough so you see the same people as you wander around. My cabin was a single balcony and had adequate space but the shower was tiny! It was kept spotless by my lovely stewardess. I ate on second sitting with other single people in the Grampian which was nice and the waiters were very good.

As for the ports, there were plenty of excursions, a word of warning Gambia's city tour was awful as the place is filthy and we had to walk through roads with open sewers and loads of flies which I and others found horrible. the entertainment was good and varied and there was something to do every day plus plenty of space to sunbathe on the deck.

All in all a superb cruise especially for a person travelling alone, I have already booked another one!

Publication Date: 04/16/14