Braemar Cruise Review by roz1812: Great first Solo cruise!

roz1812
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Braemar Canary Islands Cruises

Great first Solo cruise!

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Tenerife

I have just come back from cruising to Cape Verde, Gambia and Senegal on the Braemar and had a wonderful cruise. As a solo cruiser on my first cruise I was apprehensive but I need'nt have been as from day one everyone was so friendly, the staff are very helpful and the ship is small enough so you see the same people as you wander around. My cabin was a single balcony and had adequate space but the shower was tiny! It was kept spotless by my lovely stewardess. I ate on second sitting with other single people in the Grampian which was nice and the waiters were very good.

As for the ports, there were plenty of excursions, a word of warning Gambia's city tour was awful as the place is filthy and we had to walk through roads with open sewers and loads of flies which I and others found horrible. the entertainment was good and varied and there was something to do every day plus plenty of space to sunbathe on the deck.

All in all a superb cruise especially for a person More travelling alone, I have already booked another one! Less

Read more Braemar cruise reviews >>