Braemar 5

“Great first Solo cruise!”
Cruise review of Fred. Olsen Braemar

roz1812
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

I have just come back from cruising to Cape Verde, Gambia and Senegal on the Braemar and had a wonderful cruise. As a solo cruiser on my first cruise I was apprehensive but I need'nt have been as from day one everyone was so friendly, the staff are very helpful and the ship is small enough so you see the same people as you wander around. My cabin was a single balcony and had adequate space but the shower was tiny! It was kept spotless by my lovely stewardess. I ate on second sitting with other single people in the Grampian which was nice and the waiters were very good.

As for the ports, there were plenty of excursions, a word of warning Gambia's city tour was awful as the place is filthy and we had to walk through roads with open sewers and loads of flies which I and others found horrible. the entertainment was good and varied and there was something to do every day plus plenty of space to sunbathe on the deck.

All in all a superb cruise especially for a person More travelling alone, I have already booked another one! Less

Braemar Cruises to Canary Islands

Published 04/16/14

Read Cruise Critic's Braemar Review

Braemar Cruises to Canary Islands

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?