Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by danrinke: March 29 - April 5 Best vacation of my life.

danrinke
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

March 29 - April 5 Best vacation of my life.

Sail Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Houston

My wife and I are in our early 30's. She is a school teacher and can only vacation one week during school year, (Spring Break). We stumbled upon the Caribbean Princess accidentally. It was the only 7 day cruise leaving Houston, (cheaper flight from Detroit) on the day we needed. We have both cruised several times before exclusively with Royal Caribbean. Princess has raised the bar!

I must begin by saying I am a overly critical, devils advocate, kill joy and I approach most situations with a guilty until proven innocent frame-of-mind. From the first interaction with Princess officials in the seaport I had a good feeling. Boarding took less than 20 minutes from cab to stateroom. No lines, no undeserved expected tipping, and check-in/security/customs was actually fun and exciting. WE WERE EVEN UPGRADED TO A NICER ROOM! I was worried luggage would be an issue after the upgrade but found our bag sitting outside our old assigned cabin within the hour and just took it to my new More room. Simple.

The rest of our week was exceptional! Service, food, amenities, selection... every staff member with whom we interacted seemed eerily straight out of a commercial for Princess Cruises. We witnessed so many beautiful moments between staff and passengers that we knew we made a great choice. The ship was constantly being cleaned, painted, maintained, cared for. I LOVED THAT! Everything felt new.

My wife and I had the most relaxing vacation, full of fun, entertainment, adventure, and the feeling that princess was honored to have us. We felt like royalty. Princess definitely caters to an older clientele which we liked. We didn't want to have to fight kids, all week for the pool or the hot tub. We always had fresh towels and ample access to lounge chairs... even on high school spring break! The ports of call and excursions were fine but were not the reason we chose the cruise in the first place so I have nothing to comment on there. We were just happy to relax in the sun. There was never a line at the bar, and even better, bar service was hard working and attentive! The entertainment on board was way better then any cruise we've taken in the past.

Princess, you knocked it out of the park. We had a wonderful time and will remain exclusive to you so long as you provide us with half the service and experience you did on-board the Caribbean Princess from March 29-April 5! We escaped completely and came back new! Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess E215

Room seemed much bigger than similar category on Royal Caribbean.