Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Procook7

Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Epic
Member Name: Procook7
Cruise Date: March 2014

Had a really nice time and glad we went...

Here's my overall review/opinion from the cruise...and I nervous before the cruise because I

didn't see very good reviews on the Cruise Critic website...especially about the

food and service.

We had two balcony rooms next to each other but not adjoining. One for my Husband and son, and one for Me and my daughter. One room for 4 people would have been unbearably small, and even though it says sleeps 3, that would have been tight too, but for two it was fine. Plenty of hanging storage, maybe could have had a few more drawers, but we made due with the cabinets, and luggage can be stored under the beds. The set-up of the room was strange and I didn't love it, but it was fine. It was my first time having a balcony and we sat out a lot...I'm spoiled now.

Our room steward was the BEST. I offered to adopt him. I think he was the hardest working person on the ship. Room was cleaned and refreshed TWICE a day, always with plenty of ice and cute towel animals and chocolates for the kids.

We thought the food was pretty good in the dining rooms (there are two large dining rooms and

we never had to wait more than a moment to be seated) and the buffet was massive with plenty of variety.

We also avoided most of the "extra charge" specialty restaurants..we did try one. which was a hibachi-cooking table restaurant, and thought the food was no better than what we could get at the complimentary dining rooms or the buffet. We never tried the room service.

The Entertainment was great for the kids with the Blue Man Group and Nickelodeon. My kids aren't into characters but the do offer Character breakfasts and meet & greets. They also offer a Cirque Dreams dinner show that is a significant extra expense and we really debated whether to see it. We heard passengers say the show was great but the food was not...and we decided against it.

They also have a lot of soft serve ice cream machines, that the kids enjoyed helping

themselves to several times a day.

The ship is beautiful with lots of inside atrium levels so you don't feel like you are on a ship. There were even bowling alleys and the fitness center was larger than any that I have seen on land. The waterslides were fun for the kids. And there is a nice area for younger kids water play. The only negatives I saw were: the actual pools are really small considering how many passengers are aboard, the casino was much larger than seemed necessary, and there could have been a more free daytime activities such as trivia and games...there were some...just not that many and they were short, so you could easily miss them.

The camp really looked nice, but our kids in particular who are 9-11 went in one time for two hours and didn't care for it which was unfortunate because then my husband and I could never experience the evening activities...but that's just our kids (who are not easy going).

Publication Date: 04/16/14