“Fun times”

supersnookers
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Let me start by saying we had a very good time and would definitely sail on the Royal Princess again. There were a few negatives, so I will start with those and get them out of the way.

One of the biggest downfalls was the lack of stairs midship. We always take the stairs, and it is a pain to walk all the way to one end or the other to get to somewhere that is straight up from where you are. We did take the elevator a few times and it was quite the wait. When we went to Princess Cays, we didn't want to wait for the hour wait to get off the boat, so we didn't even leave the ship. A big fail was the gym..... we work out everyday and it was a very bad design. The put a major walkway right through the gym, so as you are working out, there is a constant flow of people walking through. People doing weights even had to stop their workouts to let people walk through. Hopefully they fix this on their new ships. Now onto all the good!

Embarkation was the best experience ever! We were on the boat in less that 5 minutes! We waited until 2pm to go and no lines anywhere! We went to our room and our luggage was already there and our room steward was there to greet us. Great 1st impression. Our inside stateroom was very spacious, we loved it. We ate at the buffet most of the time and the food was great. We never had a problem finding a table and the servers were on the ball. There were so many places that you could get food and they were all good. Alfredos, which is free, had great Italian food. I am a vegetarian and there was plenty of food choices for me and everything I tried was great. The cheesecake was awesome and so were the vanilla bean lattes!

The movies on the ship were first run and great to watch. We watched brand new movies on the deck under the stars, in our room and also in the theater. It was a great perk. Movies under the stars was great, and they came around with ice cream, popcorn and pizza. We didn't go to many shows, but there were many available to go to. I also went to the spa on the last day, and got a great package of 4 different treatments for $99. Great deal and wonderful time. I think that the ship was beautiful and had many great features. It was very spacious and you could always find somewhere quiet to go.

Overall, we had a wonderful time. We were the last group of debarkation and we were off in about 25 minutes, so not bad. I miss the food and the wonderful service already. It is hard going back to real life :0)

Royal Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

R431
Great room, very spacious and plenty of closet space.
Published 04/16/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Royal Princess Review
Royal Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?