Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by gaiamother

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by gaiamother
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: gaiamother
Cruise Date: March 2014
Public Rooms Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated

Really great time, great crew!

We had a lovely time on our 5-night Liberty cruise. We've sailed Navigator and Adventure, but haven't bumped up to this size yet, it was noticeable by width, felt roomier and of course there was the Flow rider in the rear. The Promenade is a favorite of ours and this one has the pub, Vintages wine bar, the cafe' and Sorrento's. We loved Sorrento's, not as good as the pizza on Carnival, but good. I loved that you could also get a salad here as well as sauteed/roasted/marinated veggies (mushrooms, asparagus, artichokes, red peppers, olives and a sandwich of the day. Very nice to put together a nice lunch and grab a glass of wine. The cupcakes in the Cupcake shop were really good, consistently and Marlon the shop supervisor was one of the happiest crew members I've ever experienced, hands down.

Food quality overall was as expected, just ok. We've come to expect OK so it's no biggie. We didn't use Portofino or Chops this trip, they may have been better, but we're tired of having to pay extra for better food, so we make do. The service was excellent though, all over the ship!

We're diamond and this ship does have a diamond lounge on the 14th floor with a great view. There are tables, chairs and some couches. There is a specialty coffee machine, a very nice continental breakfast and complimentary cocktails in the evening from 5-8:30 with good named liquor choices.

My kids enjoyed the Adventure Ocean program, my daughter is 10 so was in Voyagers, during Spring Break, it was packed. Not enough kids always participated though and many times they combined the Explorers and Voyagers in one room. Always had something going on. This was the first cruise that my son was 12 so in the teen program for 12-14 year olds. Though there was a busy schedule, he was not interested in much of it so opted out most of time. They've been cruising a while so always find their groove.

The pool area on this ship is much larger, with the additional H2O zone, there are several hot tubs and what seemed to be a lot of room at the pool. I did notice though that Solarium allowed kids 16 and up. Once one of the cantilevered hot tubs was filled with teens. I thought these were adult only? Even the Pool and Hot tub rules in this area reads No kids under 16. Oh well. Having kids myself, I'm not bothered by them, but they took up one whole hot tub and once jumped in the pool splashing everyone sitting nearby. Though I've seen adults do the same, we are at the pool after all right?

Overall we loved our cruise, we do our best to have moderate expectations and enjoy cruises for what they are, affordable, relaxing, thoughtless vacations where the whole family can have both time together and time on our own to do things we like individually. Can't beat that!

Publication Date: 04/16/14