Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by danal72: Royal C...not for me!!!!

danal72
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Royal C...not for me!!!!

Sail Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Cozumel

Sailed last week with Royal Caribbean for the first time. After 3 cruises with Carnival, I really wanted to try Royal Caribbean to have another cruise line to compare Carnival to. Was so looking forward to this trip and the beautiful Liberty of the Seas (which I heard wonderful reviews about). Going to make this a quick review of the good,bad, and really awful.

Positives: Called a few days before departure and got an upgrade to adjoining balcony suites (for $60 less) than originally booked 2nd floor ocean view. Rooms 8234 and 8236. Embarkation was easy, rooms clean and comfortable (if you don't mind the "hump" in the middle of 2 singles pushed together to make a queen bed).

The Liberty is a big beautiful ship and despite the normal chaos at the buffet, and the elevators being slow, I really liked the parade on the promenade deck, and the ice show was awesome!!!!

The biggest problem with Royal Caribbean and I can't believe I have to say this...is the More staff!!!! They were not friendly. In fact, one of the staff at the teen club (ages 12-17) actually told my 14 year old daughter he was going to "kick her off the ship in Mexico". OUTRAGEOUS!!!! I spent several hours of my cruise trying to get someone...all the way up to the cruise director, Jerome, to acknowledge that they were totally inappropriate.

I purchased a beverage package (including alcoholic drinks) and the staff do not want to help you get a drink, because they are not getting a tip. At any time on a Carnival cruise, you can find a waiter to bring you a drink. The food is deplorable. I am not a picky eater, but Carnival's food is much better than the food on this ship!!!!

I guess I wanted another cruise line to compare to Carnival, and boy did I get it!!!!! I would easily book another Carnival cruise over Royal Caribbean any day!!!! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas 8234, 8236

Rooms had an adjoining door, which was perfect for our family of 4. Also, you could open the balcony divider (when you found the room attendant, who had the key).