Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by danal72

Embarkation: Cozumel
Cabin Number: 8234, 8236
Spa & Fitness 5+

Royal C...not for me!!!!

Sailed last week with Royal Caribbean for the first time. After 3 cruises with Carnival, I really wanted to try Royal Caribbean to have another cruise line to compare Carnival to. Was so looking forward to this trip and the beautiful Liberty of the Seas (which I heard wonderful reviews about). Going to make this a quick review of the good,bad, and really awful.

Positives: Called a few days before departure and got an upgrade to adjoining balcony suites (for $60 less) than originally booked 2nd floor ocean view. Rooms 8234 and 8236. Embarkation was easy, rooms clean and comfortable (if you don't mind the "hump" in the middle of 2 singles pushed together to make a queen bed).

The Liberty is a big beautiful ship and despite the normal chaos at the buffet, and the elevators being slow, I really liked the parade on the promenade deck, and the ice show was awesome!!!!

The biggest problem with Royal Caribbean and I can't believe I have to say this...is the staff!!!! They were not friendly. In fact, one of the staff at the teen club (ages 12-17) actually told my 14 year old daughter he was going to "kick her off the ship in Mexico". OUTRAGEOUS!!!! I spent several hours of my cruise trying to get someone...all the way up to the cruise director, Jerome, to acknowledge that they were totally inappropriate.

I purchased a beverage package (including alcoholic drinks) and the staff do not want to help you get a drink, because they are not getting a tip. At any time on a Carnival cruise, you can find a waiter to bring you a drink. The food is deplorable. I am not a picky eater, but Carnival's food is much better than the food on this ship!!!!

I guess I wanted another cruise line to compare to Carnival, and boy did I get it!!!!! I would easily book another Carnival cruise over Royal Caribbean any day!!!!

Publication Date: 04/16/14