Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by hotshot1: An awesome ship

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

An awesome ship

Sail Date: March 2014

My wife and I just returned from sailing the Western Caribbean on board the Oasis of the Seas. This was our first trip aboard a mega ship. The ship was large and beautiful with so much to do. We traveled with 6 other people in our group. The shows were the best I have attended since sailing. This was our tenth cruise and feel we now have found R/C to be our company of choice.

Starting in Ft. Lauderdale Florida, the boarding process was easy and fast. Start to finish we were on the ship within 15 minutes. The ships crews were friendly and outgoing to meet our accommodations as we had issues with our travel agents promises for board credits. R/C did everything they could to help us but I am taking this issue up with the booking agent. We found it to be very simple to navigate around the ship being as large as it is. The ship was very clean everywhere. Our cabin steward was very accommodating as I received a knee injury during one of the excursions, when I asked him for some ice More at his first opportunity, he dropped what he was doing and brought me the ice right away. The food on board was very accommodating to all types of eaters. I am very careful about what I eat since I have been on a diet. Needless to say I did not gain a pound in 7 days. I visited the exercise room and utilized the very nice walking/running track provided. Disembarkment was a bit challenging but it was not the fault of R/C, the customs was creating long lines.

Overall I would highly recommend this ship and cruise lines to anybody looking to take a cruise. I have never been treated better on Princess nor Carnival. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas 11202

Overall on a 1-10 rating I would give them a 10, very pleased and satisfied. Already looking at my cruise plans for next year.

Mayan Ruins

Cozumel as beautiful as it always is was a very fun and informative port. The beaches were clean, water impeccable and very knowledgeable tour guide. I will return to Cozumel and take the Scuba helmet diving excursion.

Dunn's River Falls

(1)

This was my second time in Jamaica. Last time we ported in Montego Bay. The only reason we left the ship was because we were traveling with friends that had never been there. The Falmouth port was very nice however going outside of the port was very sketchy. The Jamaicans drive very dangerous on the highways changing lanes into oncoming traffic with little disregard to safety. During my climbing of Dunns River Falls the guide behind me shoved me while my foot was lodged in a rock creating me to hyper extend my knee. Following this tour we went tubing, Again getting to our location the area we were driven through was very shoddy and sketchy. This was my last trip to Jamaica.

Tubing

(1)

This was my first trip to Labadee Haiti. We took a snorkeling trip admitting it was a bit of a disappointment as the water was not very clear. My wife and I also went on a jet ski tour. I am an experienced ski driver but noticed some in our tour were driving skis with no experience what so ever which concerned me.
The port was beautiful and clean with plenty to do. At no time did I feel unsafe.

Read 356 Labadee Reviews