Celebrity Silhouette 5

“Beautiful ship--but lost jewelry”
Cruise review of Celebrity Silhouette

cruesser
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

My husband and I took this cruise without much information about Celebrity. We were very pleasantly surprised! The ship is elegantly understated with many original works of art displayed throughout. We are seasoned travelers in our 60's and prefer more a more sedate environment, which is not usually the case for most Caribbean cruises. The Silhouette provided an "adults only" pool and plenty of places to find a quiet place to eat, drink or relax. We traveled in early March and there were very few children, teenagers or college students. Most of the other guests were older.

The food in the specialty restaurants was excellent. We are foodies and don't expect great food on cruises, but this was exceptional. We booked "Aqua Class" for an additional dining option, but I would not recommend it. The dining room was crowded most of the time and the food and service was not up to par with the other specialty restaurants. If I were to book again I would choose a "dining package" and More skip the additional cost of Aqua class.

We took two shore excursions--one was a zip line in Puerto Rico and the other a trip to Nevis. My husband wanted to try the zip line, but it was not worth the effort. The trip to Nevis (by boat from St. Kitts, 45 minutes) was a little sad. The "country" is small, poor and without resources. The tour included lunch which a few people refused to eat.

My only serious complaint about the cruise happened after we disembarked. I left my jewelry case in the bathroom cabinet. I called Celebrity's lost and found department the minute I knew it was not in my carry on, which unfortunately was the day after. They were very nice and helpful over the phone, but the jewelry case was never turned in. I followed up with a letter to the head of housekeeping but never got a response. It was my fault to leave it in the cabin and I will be more careful in the future, but it was disappointing. Less

Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: March 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

1506
The cabin was a decent size and well appointed. The closet was a decent size. The bathroom was tight, but the cabinetry held all our personal items. The cabin was cleaned 3 times a day which frankly, I found annoying. We hung the "do not disturb" sign out frequently. The balcony was small but adequate--the deck furniture was comfortable.

Published 04/15/14

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review

Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?