Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by dancer9001: An honest review of Celebration Cruise Line

dancer9001
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

An honest review of Celebration Cruise Line

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Freeport

Despite all of the biased and unclear reviews of this cruise line, I hope this helps anyone interested in this particular cruise because in the end it was great!

First of all this was my first cruise line ever. I received a phone call from the states (as I live in Canada) and was offered a 2 night cruise and 2 nights on the Grand Bahama Island. It was NOT FREE. I was offered a great deal and even got a 2 for 1 flight for my boyfriend and I. We decided why not let' take a chance and find out. Low and behold when we got to the port in West Palm Beach we shouted "It's R-E-A-L it's real it's really really REAL!"

The ship was great definitely a smaller boat but nonetheless lots of places to go casino, restaurants, bars, clubs, pool area, spa, decks, etc. For 2 nights it was awesome. We met so many cool people not so many kids and seniors which was nice for a young couple like us. We partied and had a lot of fun with our new American friends. We played some great games in More the club area running around to find certain clues and whichever team was the fastest won. The end game was we had to dress up the men in our group as women and have a fashion show. My team won which was awesome winning a strong drink at the end. The pool is very small and cold but the jacuzzis on the side are nice but again small.

I would suggest this for: YOUNG ADULTS, ADULTS, & TEENAGERS

The Grand Bahama was beautiful. We stayed at the Grand Lucayan Breakers Cay Hotel and even though food was not included we enjoyed the beautiful view and room. The food in Freeport is not the best very oily, buttery, and not very healthy. It is expensive and not high quality unless you go to a more expensive resto then Im sure its better. The people are great, friendly, and not overbearing like in some other Caribbean countries. We did 3 excursions bomb fire all you can eat and drink with fun games and show, cavern nature tour which was beautiful relaxing and gorgeous, and finally glass bottom boat tour which was super wavy but amazing to see all the coral and marine life. It is expensive but definitely worth it.

The overall adventure was awesome and worth it however there are many extra costs food alcohol, excursions, hotel fees, cruise fees, etc. The wait lines to get on the cruise, in customs off the boat, and checking into our hotel was ridiculous. We spent over an hour all 3 times just waiting to get on or off which was a mini dent in our vacation. Many people were complaining which was ridiculous how long they made us wait. Not very organized sometimes.

Overall for 5 days + 1 day in West Palm Beach (which is awesome) = 1200$ CAN incl. flight

Check it out have fun but don't expect a Celebrity Cruise Line or some luxurious adventure. Its beautiful and sunny and adventurous. If you want to stay in one spot the whole time this is not for you. Get ready to party, eat, pack, unpack, roam the beaches, go to restaurents, meet cool people, pack, and unpack. Was great for us who are young and ready to venture.

Hope this helps! Less