Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by sandra3022

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by sandra3022
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: sandra3022
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Very disappointed

After 20 cruises with RCCL I was very disappointed with the food and service and I can only atribute this to pre paid tips and now they just don't try . We were in the late seating and for the first time ever all the tables around us were empty every night it was very sad to see. My friends sailed same cruise two weeks prior and also had horrible service and the food was terrible they ended getting up and ratting in the speciality restaurants every night they could with all 11 people.

Our waiter barely spoke English and we never could understand him . He never greeted us and would only speak to the men?

Our room attendant was amazing and honestly was the best part . Asked us our likes and said I will revolve around you all ! Loved him

We noticed that there was no one managing the pool area or children un attended in the hot tubs at one point I had to ask a group of 5 kids under 12 to please go play somewhere else. I looked for an attendant but there was none

In the casino no one monitors the smokers so basically people smoked everywhere .

The captain who no one could understand repeated the same thing everyday including saying it was 77 degrees when clearly it wasn't . When ever he would talk everyone would say "what did he say"?

The cruise director was good but he would talk so fast no one understood him it was so funny .

There was an accident while we were leaving St Kitts where two men in the boat that untyes the ships were killed I saw the entire thing from my balcony which was right over the sight. How the captian handled the entire horrible event was very disappointing . I pray no one ever goes missing because they take there sweet time sending help. Until rccl steps up there service I'm going to try another cruise line . We were constantly rushing at night to get to the next stop only to some how arrive late? The we still would have to be back on the ship the same time only to leave late we lost two hours in st kitts and many people missed there tours . Not sure what has happened to RCCL but they have gone way down yet charging more!,

Publication Date: 04/15/14