Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by phxbbw6ft1

Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: phxbbw6ft1
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Mixed bag....

Maybe shouldn't say "mixed" there was really only one complaint we had. The food.

We had an aft balcony. My first time having a balcony, we loved it. But beware VERY rocky. You feel the boat moving the whole 8 days. I actually loved it, felt like I was being rocked to sleep every night:) But I think my mom ( who had balance issues- would have fallen) One more thing about the balcony- not to windy- which was great for us. But sunbathers, beware. Also Neighbors CAN see in your room.

The room was ok, no couch though. I think they make the room smaller (is that possible?) to give you the more balcony room. Our room was always cleaned and we had no problems at all. One small issue I just remembered- the shower was always hot water- never could get it cooled, but I never called anyone about it so I have no idea if that could have been fixed or not.

This was my 4th cruise ( last one was in 2006) all with carnival. My husbands 1st. I had bragged about the food and was so sad that had changed. Since it's been a few years since cruising I totally noticed all the places they have changed to save $. Food was one .

Lido buffets- IMO are now worse than our cheap buffets here at home. They had the weirdest dishes sometimes and when they did have something we wanted to try- no taste- no quality.

Main dining rooms- Food was still tasty here- but service was not very good. Our orders were never right, not once! We had any time dining, so we had different servers, so it wasn't just one waiter. Strange.

One thing was the same- Room service. Can't mess up sandwiches to bad. ( although when we ordered hot sandwiches, they weren't and cold sandwiches were hot or toasted. First time I had a PB&J on toast, I liked it)

Steakhouse- First night we went to the steakhouse, was well worth the $$. Great service, good food. Do it!! Free bottle of wine on first night. If we could have afforded to eat there every night we might have.

We spent alot of time searching for dinner. But what the heck, we're on vacation- what else we gonna do? lol.

Those are the negatives. The positives were everything else. Great vacation. excursions were fun, taking pics were fun, hot tub, shows, trivia, relaxing! We will cruise again- but I will seriously read reviews about the food. People said it was bad and I was like- come on, no way. They were honest.

Publication Date: 04/15/14