Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by *Luv2Cruz*: NCL Breakaway - My First Solo Cruise and I Loved it!

*Luv2Cruz*
Member Since 2008
7,274 Posts

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

NCL Breakaway - My First Solo Cruise and I Loved it!

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Just got back from the Breakaway and I luved every minute of it! My son dropped me off and after a short wait I boarded and went directly O'Sheehans where I read on CC there would be no crowds and the food was excellent all week at he the 24hr pub! I started with great buffalo wings, an unbelievable pot pie, and an ice cold Base Ale! Needless to say I went back again, and again....

Went to my studio which as small but fine for one then off to the muster drill which was quickly followed my our first informal M&G! While I've always been very active in my roll calls, and for this one I went full out with 2 M&G's, a gift exchange, a slot pull, a pub/cabin crawl, and had to check out the ice bar!!!!!!! The M&G was nice and it was good to put some faces with the names! For my first night I met other solo's in the studio lounge and went to the Brazilian restaurant (Moderno) which was very good!

The next day was the M&G with the NCL staff where we had 96 More people attending. Prem led off the meeting with some intros followed up my some Q&A. After that I began a lively gift exchange which led right into our slot pull! What a gr8 bunch of people and what a way to start a cruise!!!! I had lunch with a new friend and we made some plans to attend the captains cocktail party which was held in the Haven. There we met up with other CC members which kicked off a bunch of great times with a very lively bunch!!!!! (You know who you are)

I stayed on the ship in Fla. and you can find the details for GSC, and Nassau below! The weather was great all but the second day which just added to the fun! All the restaurants where very good and I had no waits at any of them. Make sure you try the Noodle bar fyi, the portions are large and delicious!!!!

Regarding the entertainment I saw Rock of Ages, Burn the Floor, went to Second City, The Piano bar, and the Blues bar and while all were very, very, good the "walls were bleeding" in the Blues bar so don't miss it!! The only show I didn't like was a comedian/magician. Oops; almost forgot, we closed the H2O aft party several nights!!!! And don't forget to try the Martini tasting and the ice bar was cold and a fun time!!!

All in all it was a fabulous cruise with a great roll call on a gorgeous ship and I'm already planning to return to the Breakaway and hopefully next time I'll be bringing a friend!!! ;) I'd also met many new friends all around the ship and hopefully they too will join the fun on CC!! Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Breakaway 10523

The room was fine though I did have an issue with some noises in the ceiling and NCL did everything they could to resolve it. The studio lounge was nice and we had nightly get together where you could fined someone to eat with or go to a show with. It seemed a bit quiet for me and with such an active CC roll call I spent most of my time with them! It was also real nice that the studio lounge had a cappuccino/coffee machine with some cake and cookies at all times plus a bar and a wine machine!

Got to the pretty island on the first tender and headed right for the Lagoon which could be the best kept secret about the island and it won't be a secret very long! It was a much quieter area and had it's own food, bar, and bathrooms which were all very close by. Shhhhhhhhh, don't tell anybody!

Snorkeling

Had no plans and booked last minute. I bumped into one of my solo lounge friends who was also snorkeling and we had a great time during our excursion and continued our great time till late at night. I really enjoyed that day and I thank you Kim!!!!

Stayed on a quiet ship on and sunny day. Priceless!