Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Maggs07: Incredible Week on The Reflection!

Maggs07
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Incredible Week on The Reflection!

Sail Date: March 2014

Just got off of the Reflection and what an amazing week! This was our second cruise with Celebrity and we loved every second of it. The ship itself is lovely..very easy to find your way around, great open layout, really nicely decorated. The service was top notch..we have never had bad service or even mediocre service on a cruise and this time was no exception. Even with the drink package deal, there was always enough staff, we never waited more than a few minutes to get our drinks...the pool bar, martini bar and foyer bar can be very busy but they handle it quite well. The fitness center is very nice, has the right amount of equipment...we usually went late morning and it was busy but didn't have to wait for machines or anything like that. We enjoyed the entertainment, especially the show Reflection and Sin City comedy. Our ship had a vast mix of people..families, elders, groups, couples, college age, etc.

There always seemed to be activities going on, there was certainly More not a lack of things to do. We liked hanging out around the pool and watching the ice carver and the Staff vs Guest volleyball. Music by the pool was nice, especially liked it when the house band played on deck during the day.

The ports we visited were San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Martin. We did not do any ship excursions so I can't comment on those but we loved all of the stops. San Juan is very easy to navigate on your own by foot, we walked to El Morro and went inside the fort which was really neat and informative. Then we walked around old SJ and looked at all of the colorful buildings. In St. Thomas we got a day pass to an all inclusive and in St. Martin we did a full day snorkel and boat tour with Captain Bob Cass which was the high light of our trip.

We really liked the food! We ate in the MDR and in the buffet. The buffet food was very good, I enjoyed almost everything that I tried. The omelets at breakfast were delicious and I couldn't believe how fast the guys bang them out. Hash brown squares were another favorite. I also liked the English breakfast station which had things that I haven't tried before. For lunch there was always tons to chose from..make your own pasta, stir fry, fish, meats, sandwiches, and the salad bar was my favorite. The desserts in the buffet were just so-so..I liked the little fruit tarts. The pizza was pretty good and the sushi was so-so. And the MDR was very good as well...my favorite was the jerk chicken but all of the fish dishes I had were good as well. My husband said his steak was cooked perfectly and was tasty. Bigger lobster tails on the second formal night than I had expected. Desserts were delicious, I think Baked Alaska was my favorite and the Chocolate Souffle was a close second. Portions are small which is actually great so you can have a 4 course meal and not feel stuffed...I enjoyed being able to try all of the courses and not feel sick afterwards. The service was amazing..our waiter was right on top of things and never had to ask for drink refills or anything at all. We did have lunch at the Porch one afternoon for a change of pace..it was decently good. Nothing amazing. Service was good. For us it was worth the $5 charge just to try something new. We never tried the burgers and stuff at the Mast Grill but many people seemed to be enjoying them.

Disembarkation was easy, nothing to mention there other than it didn't take very long and seemed well organized. And we were so sad to leave!

This was an amazing cruise on a lovely ship with fantastic staff and fun ports! Would book it again in a heart beat!! Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 3159

This was a great cabin for us...right next to the foyer and the dining room. There is music in the foyer during and before dinner hours but it's not disruptive at all unless you are trying to sleep at 7pm. We liked being close to the mid ship elevators so going up to the pool was a quick trip. Our cabin was nice and the steward was great. Very comfortable bed!

We adored San Juan! Very easy to navigate by foot on your own. We walked to the big fort, El Morro and went inside which was $6 per person. Took some very cool photos and walked around. We walked back in to the main shopping area and enjoyed all of the fun colorful buildings. We had a drink somewhere, have no idea what the place was called, but it was cheap and tasty. This is a different port, it's not a beach port, and our ship was there from 3pm-10pm so it was nice to be there a little later.

Read 1353 San Juan Reviews

Snorkeling

St. Martin was the high light of our trip! We booked the full day boat tour and snorkel with Capt. Bob. It was a quick walk from the port to the dock and there were 16 of us on the speed boat. What a blast! The boat itself was the best part, the tour and snorkeling were great as well but for me I could have just rode around on that boat all day long. Bob is a great guide, funny yet informative and the island is absolutely lovely. We had lunch on the beach in Grand Cass and it was very tasty, Bob has tons of cold beers and drinks on the boat as well. We got to see a big jet land over us in the boat at Maho airport too. Great day and I would do it again!

This is a difficult port for me to review because an unfortunate incident took place during our day so I don't think we got the full experience of St. Thomas. The port itself is so pretty, make sure to take some photos on the top deck before you get off the ship. We went to Sugar Bay Resort for an all inclusive day pass, we shared a cab with others going to Coki Beach and to the St. John ferry. Cab stand was super easy to find. We knew that Sugar Bay had a small rocky beach but we really wanted to float around in their nice pool with the swim up bar so that's why we chose to do this and not go to a beach. About an hour after we arrived and got our chairs in the shade, right in front of us on the beach, two men brought a woman up to shore. She wasn't breathing and they started CPR on her, from there things got hectic..people running everywhere and her family running down from their rooms. Unfortunately, the ambulance took 20-30 minutes to arrive. There was no medic on staff at the resort, the guys from the dive shop were helping civilians with chest compressions. When they finally got her in the ambulance, one of the women doing CPR told us that she still wasn't breathing. I am not sure of the outcome but I do not think it was good. It was a terrible thing and I felt awful for her family and loved ones who came to St. Thomas for a nice family vacation. The entire incident took about 90 minutes. We stayed pretty quiet afterwards, floated in the pool, had a few drinks and some lunch which was tasty. Then we got a cab back to the port and ducked in a few shops. Next time, I would pick something else to do in St. Thomas.

Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews