Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Maggs07

Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: Maggs07
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Incredible Week on The Reflection!

Just got off of the Reflection and what an amazing week! This was our second cruise with Celebrity and we loved every second of it. The ship itself is lovely..very easy to find your way around, great open layout, really nicely decorated. The service was top notch..we have never had bad service or even mediocre service on a cruise and this time was no exception. Even with the drink package deal, there was always enough staff, we never waited more than a few minutes to get our drinks...the pool bar, martini bar and foyer bar can be very busy but they handle it quite well. The fitness center is very nice, has the right amount of equipment...we usually went late morning and it was busy but didn't have to wait for machines or anything like that. We enjoyed the entertainment, especially the show Reflection and Sin City comedy. Our ship had a vast mix of people..families, elders, groups, couples, college age, etc.

There always seemed to be activities going on, there was certainly not a lack of things to do. We liked hanging out around the pool and watching the ice carver and the Staff vs Guest volleyball. Music by the pool was nice, especially liked it when the house band played on deck during the day.

The ports we visited were San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Martin. We did not do any ship excursions so I can't comment on those but we loved all of the stops. San Juan is very easy to navigate on your own by foot, we walked to El Morro and went inside the fort which was really neat and informative. Then we walked around old SJ and looked at all of the colorful buildings. In St. Thomas we got a day pass to an all inclusive and in St. Martin we did a full day snorkel and boat tour with Captain Bob Cass which was the high light of our trip.

We really liked the food! We ate in the MDR and in the buffet. The buffet food was very good, I enjoyed almost everything that I tried. The omelets at breakfast were delicious and I couldn't believe how fast the guys bang them out. Hash brown squares were another favorite. I also liked the English breakfast station which had things that I haven't tried before. For lunch there was always tons to chose from..make your own pasta, stir fry, fish, meats, sandwiches, and the salad bar was my favorite. The desserts in the buffet were just so-so..I liked the little fruit tarts. The pizza was pretty good and the sushi was so-so. And the MDR was very good as well...my favorite was the jerk chicken but all of the fish dishes I had were good as well. My husband said his steak was cooked perfectly and was tasty. Bigger lobster tails on the second formal night than I had expected. Desserts were delicious, I think Baked Alaska was my favorite and the Chocolate Souffle was a close second. Portions are small which is actually great so you can have a 4 course meal and not feel stuffed...I enjoyed being able to try all of the courses and not feel sick afterwards. The service was amazing..our waiter was right on top of things and never had to ask for drink refills or anything at all. We did have lunch at the Porch one afternoon for a change of pace..it was decently good. Nothing amazing. Service was good. For us it was worth the $5 charge just to try something new. We never tried the burgers and stuff at the Mast Grill but many people seemed to be enjoying them.

Disembarkation was easy, nothing to mention there other than it didn't take very long and seemed well organized. And we were so sad to leave!

This was an amazing cruise on a lovely ship with fantastic staff and fun ports! Would book it again in a heart beat!!

Publication Date: 04/15/14