Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by luvscorgis: Wonderful Cruise!

luvscorgis
Member Since 2005

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Wonderful Cruise!

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Auckland

My husband took me on a cruise to New Zealand to Australia to celebrate my 60th birthday. We are originally from the San Francisco Bay Area of the USA but temporarily living in Singapore due to work. This is our 8th cruise and 3rd with Celebrity.

We totally enjoyed this cruise. The only issue would be the decline of the quality of food. Service was excellent in all areas except a little lacking with the head waiter. Our assistant waiter was exceptional and saved the show. The Solstice was beautiful, and except for in the buffet area, was very peaceful and you would never know you were on such a large ship. Our cabin, on the 8th level, was roomy and the bathroom wonderful. To make the spacious bathroom a lot of the storage space was taken away. Even with this we felt comfortable and pampered.

Going to New Zealand and Australia was a dream come true. We enjoyed each stop and learned so much about the area. We took the Celebrity excursions and enjoyed it.

We More selected the 6 pm seating in the main dining room and we are so happy we did. Dining with the same people helps you get to know them so much better and we have developed friendships even though we come from all over the world. This the most fun we have had in a long time.

Though most shows were mediocre, the One evening Cirq de Sole type show was phenomenal. The violinist was good too. Made up for the other bad shows.

The embarkation in Auckland was fine. The debarkation in Sydney a bit strange as we were directed out of the crew quarters and we kept getting lost. Not a great way to end a cruise.

We spent 4 days post cruise seeing Sydney. We stayed at the Shangri-la Hotel, which was beautiful and people very friendly, but it sits on top of a hill and to walk around anywhere you have to negotiate this hill. While probably not very hard for most, but I have osteoarthritis of the knees and made going anywhere very difficult. I wish I would have known this prior to booking as I would have selected another hotel.

Overall this trip was amazing. We loved the locations and people we met. Made great memories. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>