Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by 1969cruiser: Fabulous 2nd Solo Cruise on the Epic

1969cruiser
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

Fabulous 2nd Solo Cruise on the Epic

Sail Date: March 2014

This was my second Solo adventure on NCL's Epic.

I would again like to thank NCL for being gracious and accommodating in every way with respect to the Solo category of passengers sailing on the Epic.

The Solo coordinator from South Africa was a wonderful gentleman who was punctual, extremely well groomed and full of positive energy. He performed his duties and obligations professionally and always with a charming smile:)

The staff and crew were remarkably friendly as they were last year on the Eastern Caribbean Itinerary.

The food in the Garden Cafe, Taste, and Manhattan were always well prepared and the hot dishes arrived at the table HOT!

The entertainment was great and moving about the ship was easy and effortless.

Contrary to several other reviews, I did not notice the elevators being slow at all. In fact many wonderful light conversations and humorous comments while waiting for and inside the elevators added to the enjoyment More of the cruise. I had paid a higher price for my Solo Cabin at the time of booking and called NCL to discuss it. They generously issued me an onboard credit, delivered a bottle of wine to my cabin on day 1, and on day 2 they surprised me with chocolate covered strawberries which were all shared by me with other fellow solo passengers as an ice breaker.

Making cruise friends was easy with all age groups and as far as you are a little friendly and non-judgmental, you can find a few compatible souls with whom you can spend seven wonderful days at sea. It is such a great blessing to have this cabin category available and from what I heard from many of the other Solo passengers, many share this same view.

I am deeply saddened that this ship along with its loving crew will be leaving us soon permanently for the European continent. I hope they appreciate what they are getting!

Fond memories of times spent aboard the Epic will be cherished for many years to come.

Bon Voyage Epic. You will be sorely missed!

'till we meet again. Au revoir! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 12521

The Studio cabin was fabulous!