Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by bluedaisy3916: Most fun cruise

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Most fun cruise

Sail Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Tampa

Just got back form 7 days on the Norwegian Dawn. I had more fun then I thought I could possibly have. The excitement level since day one was off the wall. The cruise director Dan Dan was so funny and entertaining. He was great at getting people up and moving and excited. The main entertainment was the best I have seen on any of my past cruises, every show was better than shows I have seen in Vegas. And throughtout the 7 days you get to mingle and get to know them. I wish I would have known you can bring on soda and water, could have saved a few dollars. The only bad thing was that the excursions never started on time, it seems that the relaxed atmosphere down there takes some getting used to. We plan on doing the same cruise again next year but will pack way less. We pretty much lived in our shorts and tanks and its a casual ship so you don't have to dress up for the dining rooms (even though you can), men can wear nice shorts and a nice collered shirt. If your going snorkling make More sure to bring a underwater camera ( I purchased a one time use camera before we left). There is plenty to see under the water. Also pack a clock, there isnt any in the state rooms. Here is a tip I will use next time, bring clothes hooks for hanging wet clothes, bring tape or a magnet and put the ship map on the back of the door and start making notes, this way when you walk out of your cabin you know which way to turn. It takes most of the week to figure this part out. A outlet strip if your charging some electronics. Have your cabin stewart empty the fridge right away so you fill it up with your own stuff and they can't charge you for anything later.

Also you don:t need a window, there is nothing to see but water, don't waste the money. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 5083

Excellant

City Tour

(2)

Interesting but depessing seeing how poor they are. Nice port but by this time I ws getting tired of shopping. Next time I will choose something more exciting. Also, the ship can't dock at the peer so you have to take the catamaran to get there.

Chacchoben Mayan Ruins

Another fun day in paradise, the trip is long but you are in a coach bus, worth the ride. The ruins are fantastic, ended up in another beach resort, with food and open bar. Perfect day.

Submarine Tour

(5)

Really cool, but we did not see much. Very tight spaces inside so you can't fear being close to someone. I enjoyed it but wish I could have seen more. You have to climb down a latter so you to be sturdy on your feet. We went down 110 ft and some some others scuba diving. They took pictures of us and us of them.

Snorkeling

Fun, fun, fun. good food, great beach, it was hard to turn in my snorkel. Remember to turn in you rsnorkel with the same person who is holding it. I didnt do this and discovered I did not have my ship card after we got back and we had to go back and get it. Lucky that we left early to get back to the boat and the driver was ok with taking us back.