Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by debk68: Spring Break on the Epic

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

Spring Break on the Epic

Sail Date: March 2014

Don’t believe all the negative reviews! We had a great time on the Epic even with it being filled with Spring Breakers!

In Miami, we stayed at the B2, booked on priceline. Bring earplugs if you stay, (the airconditioning clicks 4 times when it turns on) The Hotel is convenient to the Bayside marketplace. We were surprised at how expensive everything was, but that is Miami. We ate dinner along the water, and drank Mojitos  Probably in the end could have paid for one of our cruises LOL! We used SAS transport from FLL to B2, I highly recommend this company! Then took a cab ($15) to the pier.

Taste &. Manhattan. To be fair we only did Manhattan on the first night. They have live music and dancing while you dine. The boys we were with thought it was too annoying (19 year olds) so we dined at Taste. The food was poor (poached cod) to excellent (sirloin mignon and shrimp). If we didn’t like anything we just sent it back. Service, in my opinion was not More attentive at all. We did find 1 server we liked, we asked to be put in his station again, and it didn’t happen. One time I ordered a glass of White Zinfandel, he brought me a glass of white wine, saying most people don’t care, so I just bring them something. We never waited getting into Taste.

The Buffet, probably the best Buffet/breakfast food I have ever had on a cruise ship. I thought it was fresh and hot and good variety. The made to order omelets and eggs benedict were a great change from powdered eggs and dry French toast. Don’t miss lobster night. We went to Lobster night at 5 then saw a show, and then had dinner at Taste.

Osheehan’s was a nice alternative for snacks, breakfast and lunch. The prime rib was much better at Taste.

The Entertainment is good. Book your Blue Man Group in advance. The comedy and Howl at the Moon are entertaining. For Howl at the Moon stay at least a half an hour and you will be hooked! Don’t miss the Q&A with the officers and with the Blue Man group.

The Epic has a different feel than the other ships I have been on. It is a nice ship, but I like the openness of every other ship, at times I felt enclosed. If the price was right I wouldn’t hesitate booking the Epic again, but it is not my favorite ship. The ship does rumble when it is docking. We had a balcony on deck 12, I do love the balcony!

Iconcierage app. Needs improvement, can be very frustrating at times, but when it worked it was a good way to communicate with others in our party.

For the ports of call, we mainly walked around. In Costa Maya we did an ATV tour. It was beautiful, but I think we could have covered the same ground with the golf cart rentals at 1/3 of the price. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 12238

The cabin layout is consistent with the epic. stayed with my hubby, we had no big issue with the shower and separate toilet. Except the Toilet area is small. The balcony is great for watching sail aways and ships in port. Location was just off the aft elevators. Convenient to Deck 13 Spice H2o.