Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Hate the snow

Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Epic
Member Name: Hate the snow
Cruise Date: March 2014

The more you take is not necessarily better

This was my third cruise on the Epic .It's a big ship and I rationalized that there were still unexplored areas on it that I didn't know about. This was really not a good cruise. On my first cruise on the Epic, I got a taste of heaven by purchasing membership in the Posh Beach Club. It holds 30 + people with comfortable chaise lounges, a private bar, free appetizers and just a peaceful area to sun on a ship with 4000 people. Since then I have tried to get back in, but they have sold out. We got to the ship early and went immediately to guest services where there was a long line. They announced that Posh was sold out. Bummer........Then after we had left port for about 3 hrs(remember the 3 hr cruise show?) they announced we were turning around because we had a passenger that needed medical attention. Being a healthcare provider, I thought well, they haven't gone too far yet and they should turn around. Doing this and coming from behind and still making it to port the day after made me realize that these itineraries could probably work in half the time because they don;'t take that long to get there.

Our first port was Ocho Rios, Jamaica.. Basically if you don't care to go to Dunn's Falls again, you could walk around the small village area .If you thought Mexico is bad with all the people trying to get you to buy things, you haven't been to Ocho Rios. If they ask you to come into their stall and look at their merchandise, you best have a good reason why not .If you ignore them and keep walking they get every offended. And besides that, everything looks exactly the same and expensive. We then had our second full day at sea .If you've been on the Epic before, nothing has changed, not the entertainment, the cruise staff shows or the food. The next day was supposed to be Costa Maya Mexico, I love the beach there and they have some wonderful all day spots to go to. Well apparently we tried to dock and it was too rough. So for everyones safety, the captain decided to skip the port. Ok I understand the safety part, but give us something else people! We got free rum punch at 2 pm. The next stop was Cozumel(us and 6 other cruise ships.).Couldn't they have made it earlier or longer stay in Cozumel? Couldn't they have taken us to the private island in the Bahamas? Five days at sea does not a happy cruiser make. Hopefully your cruise will not have the twists and setbacks we had.I still love Norwegian- I'm just done with the Epic.

Publication Date: 04/14/14