Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by msconwell

Norwegian Gem
Norwegian Gem
Member Name: msconwell
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
See More About: Norwegian Gem Cruise Reviews | Cruise to Nowhere Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Norwegian Gem Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Gem Deck Plans
Appalled!

My family and I set out on April 4th, 2014 for a one night cruise to nowhere for my grandmothers 85th birthday (300$ per person.) The day started out great after getting the family (11 people) together to celebrate such an occasion. Shortly after boarding the ship at 2:30pm, I began to think that maybe the getaway wouldn't be so great after all.

Now were do I start...after boarding I noticed that there was only a single bar open to service a ship full of excited cruisers. Not only did the bartenders move entirely too slow, it took me over 30 minutes to get a drink. None of the activities on-board were up and running, and when we asked why, we were told that the activities didn't open until 6:30, and when they did open, many of those activities required an up-charge.There was only one dining hall open that offered terribly bland food and produced overcrowding and a lack of available seating. Above all else, my biggest complaint was the atrocious customer service. Almost every employee I encountered had a nasty attitude and didn't want to answer any of our questions or give us directions. The only positive interaction I had was with the cocktail waiters in the nightclub.

Upon disembarking the vessel, we had to go through "customs," which took over an hour; upon reaching the fort we realized that there was only one employee checking guest out. I have to say, I have been on many cruises through royal Caribbean and Carnival and never had such an appalling experience and I must say that I will NEVER give Norwegian cruise line dollar of my money again! CRUISERS STAY AWAY!!!!

Publication Date: 04/14/14